• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday With White

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we can all feather our own nests. Cause Mr. White is new to the job, he'll likely agree with everything that Angrivillers suggest, just to be our friend. White probably knows little or nothing about the CWB, given that he was appointed, he'll likely follow his appointee agenda, he is an executive (loves the big pay promised) and a politico all at once. Let me guess, the first question will be, now let me think, BUYBACKS no doubt. Then, how about that nickle that was owed to my grandpa from the 1937 crop year. Then Demurage yada, yada, Betcha he can tell you, Harper's birthday, or the Ritz cracker guys bday for sure. Methinks this is a bad appointment for sure!!!

Comment

Parsley are you sure the CWB physically owns the grain or do they just facilitate its Sale?

Comment

Mr. White, why would it not be possible to physically deliver grain directly to the CWB through a joint venture terminal between the CWB and either a farmer owned terminal or a willing commercial entity, given the railways only want three or four terminals in all of western Canada.

Comment

agstar,

There is a legal difference between ownership and possession.

The CWB does or does not have to take physical possession of the grain to own it.(You may have a leased bin on your farm that is owned by Wheatland hopperbins, for example).

But the CWB LEGALLY owns the offerred grain because there is a legal transfer of ownership from the farmer to the CWB.(The CWB/or CWB-agent signs the cheque)

Obviously, the farmer would not have to buy any grain back if he still owned it.

Also, the CWB, on occassion, refused to sell back, the grain it now owns, to the producing-farmer. The CWB couldn't refuse to facilitate that buyback unless the CWB owned the grain and decided to keep it.

Parsley

Comment

Mr. White
            I would like to know how the CWB plays into price discovery on the world market when it`s sells grain. When their sales are not hedged in to any commodity market, their sale just fills a void that could have made a big difference in prices one way or another if it had been record on some market.
            Most open market trades are hedged one way or another and thus moves the market. Thank You in advance from your enslaved supplier.

Comment

Grain companies and organizations, and ag experts, and those closely involved with agriculture are welcome to post questions, too

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...