• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Changed and Impact on Strategy and Impact on Strategy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Changed and Impact on Strategy and Impact on Strategy

Thought I might have a crack at getting the weekly comments going again.

Comments from S.E. Asia.

Amazing the amount of palm trees in Malaysia. Can only comment about the view out a bus window but the south part is pretty solid palm trees. From other sources (hopefully wd9 still follows the threads), Malaysia is doing some very interesting things in terms of research and technology transfer. Information is moving to other S.E. Asian countries so the palm oil production juggernaut will continue.

Food supply concerns (particularly around rice) and impact on inflation are a major issue and covered daily in their media.

Don't know if it will help but thought I might pass my process for catching up on markets after I have been away for some time/need to catch up. To cut to the chase, I don't spend a lot of time on old newsletters but pretty much go straight to looking at the charts.

My questions when I look at the charts are: Have significant changes occurred over the past month? If the changes are significant, why (target my research)? Do I need to modify my marketing plan?

So here are the changes March 20 to April 18 with no comments from me - you guys can fill in the blanks.

Feedgrains.
    CBT Corn nearby M. 20 - $5.07 1/2 A. 18 - $5.99 1/2. Up 18 %.
    ICE barley nearby M. 20 - $224.30 A. 18 - $246. Up 10 %.

Oilseeds.
    CBT soybeans nearby M. 20 - $12.07 A. 18 - $13.61. Up 13 %.
    CBT beanoil nearby M. - 54.40 A. 20 - $60.98. Up 12 %.
    ICE canola nearby M. - $576.90 A. 20 - $622.10. Up 8%.

Wheat (realizing includes Fridays crash).
    CBT M. 20 - $9.87 1/2 A. 18 - $8.70. Down 12 %
    KCBT M. 20 - $10.32 A. 18 - $9.39 3/4. Down 9 %
    MGE M. 20 - $12.77 A. 18 - $12.25. Down 4 %.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...