• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't take your Beer tfor granted....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger forecasts are okay for malt barley exports (actual seed) and are consistent with my S&D.

My numbers are for domestic maltsters.

I don't fear for the export malt market. Malt barley is a commodity and as long as quality meets needs and price is competitive, the CWB or anyone else can do this business - not rocket science and hard to understand how the CWB achieves a premium in something that is blended/stuffed in a ship.

My fears are for maintaining current domestic malt processing capacity let alone expanding. I agree with brokers observations.

Comment

Thought I should put up barley exports to date link (doesn't include the malt product).

Page 13 - http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/pubs/exportmonth/2008/exports08-02-e.pdf

Not a feed barley thread but will note Saudi Arabia has bought just under 1 MMT to the end of February. Pool A total payments about $269/tonne west coast.

Malt barley about 900,000 tonnes same period.

Comment

We need Canadian maltsters and brewers.We need to have good relationships with them.

Farmers need to work closely with them in partnerships.

We have the potential to really really grow and develop the beer drinking industry

Anticipation for 08 crop Malting barley prices across major producing countries in the world are noted at around USD400/tonne FOB.

Based on good Spring crop sowings, there is an anticipation of a good crop in the EU, but this is not expected to bring downward pressure on price.

Parsley

Comment

Why do we need Canadian maltsters? Can't we go out to Costco's of the world and purchase malt, that we need for our brew. In Canada, we produce commodities and export them, so others can value add. Look at the oil industry, exporting crude as fast as we can, dig it up, send it on down the line. After all isn't that what NFTA is all about? Canadians very seldom make good stuff anyway. When was the last time you bought something Canadian, think about it now, really? Given the choice, I prefer imported brew, anyway. Canadian beer has at best, is barely drinkable, tastes like chemicals most of the time!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Burbert: You must be on the Bof D of the CWB because that is exactly what they are doing to the agriculture industry in Western Canada. They don`t add value and they give away our raw produce.
            Burbert if your capable go water the vegetables.(IQ or-)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...