• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless internet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless internet

Has anyone looked into getting wireless internet out to the tractor.

Is it possible?

I can get a few hundred yards away from the house and thats just ground based.

Maybe i just need a tower and more powerfull wireless thingermujig?

telus had a unlimited laptop aircard for 100/ month last time I checked. (january I think)

Comment

What kind of speed do you get with that?

Comment

Ron, are you located in Alberta? Is that service you use only available in Alberta? I have clients wondering about wireless on the tractor, too. I have one that uses it.

Comment

Melvill,

You just want one in that zoopped up car when you're at all those soccer games.

Or is the car running yet?
          LOL

Parsley

Comment

Hey, parsley, my car isn't home yet. Stranded in Winnipeg by this crappy, but nice wet, weather.

Nope, not in the car. I've had a number of farmer-clients ask me about connecting their laptop to the i-net when they're out on their equipment. Maybe it's to stay awake while their autosteer systems do the work.

Comment

49.95/3yr contract 100.00/month unlimited time. Works any where you have cell service.

Comment

I'm using the mobile browser on my cell phone right now to keep an eye on futures prices and the weather when I can't get to my computer.

For $5 a month I get unlimited usage.

It's not as good as a computer Internet hook-up but it gets me the basic info I need.

Comment

melvill, need me to pick up your car?

I make a few trips into Winnipeg, have to take in a bag or two of grain ocassionally, a bag of cash one odd time, and shopping.

Can't guarantee slow or careful driving home, though. I am easily distracted.

Parsley

Comment

Hey, Fransisco, I hadn't thought of that. Is the screen on your phone big enough to see well, especially if you're outside?

Also, does that $5/month fee include air time?

And Parsley, sorry but I don't think I'd trust you with my Merc. I have this vision of you hocking it to do more shopping? When I get it on the road, I might trust you to take you lovie on a romantic cruise. The back seat is huge!

Comment

U guys/gals should GET A LIFE!

Comment

I presume you meant to say YOUR lovie, not "you loveie", LOL

I am correcting it for the public record so that 'you know who' doesn't tattle, complaining to the Board. That's why I am responding.

What I really wanted, was to zip down the Trans Canada,though, accelerator to the floor, one hand on the wheel, window partly open, FM radio blasting, relaxed, imagination in full gear (what to post next on AV?), and enjoying.

I doubt if the Meteror is up to it.

Parsley

Comment

Sorry 'bout the typo, Parsley. I'm so excited about the old car - the kid in me comes out in full force every time I think of it. Now, don't worry about the Meteor being up to it. Just worry about whether your thoughts, or actions, will melt the upholstery.

And Berbert, one of the things I've learned in my 34 years of work life is that "living" is about more than just the markets or just work. It's about balance. For quite a few years I haven't had a life that had very good balance. Old cars, old guitars, Hammond B3 organs and horses get my pulse rate and spirits up. Way better way to get balance and way cheaper than something I could buy on the upper east side in Vancouver, or in Brooks, for that matter.

Comment

The screen is good enough to see the prices/text and thats about it. The graphs on the mobile browser are useless.

Not sure if air time is tacked onto browser time I'll have to check. My guess is that its not but we'll see. This is something I just started using.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...