• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prices from the CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices from the CWB

I was checking prices from the CWB today. They are not there. The last price was from yesterday, April 23.
    Anybody know what is going on.

I wasn't following the markets too closely today, but I don't believe anything was locked limit down today, so no excuses from withholding pricing.

I'd phone them tomorrow and voice your frustration. These prices must be provided asap.

Please let us know what their excuse was. At least they could have provided a reason on the website for the delays / omission?

As of 09:18 pm MST the last pricing schedule here was for Arp23/08:
    http://www.cwb.ca/db/contracts/ppo/ppo_prices.nsf/fixed_price/2008_index.html

Comment

April 24 is up this am. Narrowed CWRS etal and SWS. Widened CPS/CWRW.

Durum is always interesting. Reduced the by $12/tonne. Now discounted by $68/tonne versus $76 on April 23. The CWB continues to publish a price with an extremely wide discount which no one uses (for good reason). Realizing the problems with hedging durum likely using MGE, it is too bad the CWB isn't creative in looking at other alternatives (eg. a cash plus for durum).

Comment

Oops. Should be reduced they discount by $8/tonne.

Comment

Believe it or not, Charlie, but some, but not many, southern Alberta durum growers have used this year's FPC to price some of their 08 durum? Why? They're really concerned about the possible downside of durum if all the world acres produce reasonably well. Also, they look at that deeply discounted FPC and say 'it's still a pretty decent price'.

Are they crazy? We'll see six or eight months down the road when our hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

Phoned the CWB regarding prices not being posted. Talked to a nice lady, name escapes me, but she told me that Winnipeg experienced a power outage yesterday about the time they post the prices. She did not know how long the outage lasted. Had to pull back the horns, can't argue with that, out of their control. The PROs came out about the same time, they got posted on the website.

I would encourage the CWB to add a generator to their $12 million renovations.

Comment

I tried checking last night at about 10:30 for a DPC nothing yet.

Comment

Nancy from the CWB called about my e-mail to the board last night.
                I wanted to sell out my last tonnes on a May Basis contract, but because the prices were not posted, I could'nt.
                She said that the CWB would honor the prices as they were yesterday, so I sold as the market went down a little today.
                I do not like the CWB as it stands today, but this little episode shows that the people that work there, try to help the people that they represent.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...