• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planting yet?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planting yet?

Thinking May 5 will get going in my area.
    We only got a couple inches of the white stuff last night so it is gone now but large snow banks from the winter winds still melting, low spots way to wet. OK by me because I still have a plenty of repairs to do.

Farm in township #5 in the SE, and with nothing planted, consider ourselves "behind" already! maybe 5 or 6 quarters planted in the whole RM. although we've lost plenty of moisture over the last two weeks due to wind(even in standing stubble), i'd say that right now, conditions are ideal. could go through all the small dips and flats, soil not too wet, so shouldn't be cloddy, or stick to the packers, nor will it be lumpy and should fill in nice behind the openers. but if we don't get any rain and the conditions stay as they've been(even with the cool temps) we'll be short of moisture for the third week of planting. which will mean, higher risk planting canola early(frost damage), or risk running out of moisture for a good germination. we've had about 2mm of moisture since Apr 1st with below avg. snow melt.

Comment

As of yesterday we wont be going till probably monday the 5. I was hopping monday the 28 but way to wet to mud it in.

Comment

We are still snow covered here -may 15th?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...