• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dual Marketing Works Well", say CWB supporters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dual Marketing Works Well", say CWB supporters

Wheat Board organic supporters claim they have a dual market.

They say:

1. The CWB is actively marketing organics

2.Organic producers are actively marketing organics

3.Accredited agents of the CWB are marketing organics.

Board supporters say it is working super well. Nobody conflicts with the other.

The CWB is taking a hunk of cash out of each marketer,though, similar to what the Mafia does. The size of the bite, it appears, depends upon how much the Board likes/hates you.

Did anyone notice that the Wheat Board is selectively quiet these days about some issues?

Remember when......

1. Remember when the Wheat Board made fun of farmers out marketing with their calculators and fax machines....hmmmm ......I don't hear them saying that about organic farmers, do you?

Maybe the CWB thinks only conventional farmers are too stupid to market.

2. Remember when the CWB thought farmers should be treated equally?

The comparison betweeen the buybacks for organics and the buybacks for conventionals are .....ah.....funny isn't the word.....ah.....ridiculous doesn't describe........ah...I've got it...UNSETTLING.

Nice polite word, isn't it? Maybe they think conventiona farmers are, er, second rate.

3.Remember when the Board said farmers and the Wheat Board cannot market side by side against each other...... well.....boys, did you notice that the CWB and farmers are both chasing the same buyers. Hmmm...but the CWB said it doesn't work.

So my question is, is the CWB marketing a failure? (they said themselves it doesn't work)...and because it therefore must be a failure....what the hell is the CWB doing marketing organics, and why is the CWB organic marketing Department expanding like the Aid's virus?

Parsley

parley: Wheat is wheat no matter how it is grown...(or have you noticed)? Organically grown does not give wheat a magic aura or quality...so why should the CWB treat it differently? If they do, it is just to please you (how do I say this politely)?...you squawkers. If they give special consideration, this shows flexibility and a willingness to adapt.

Why are you complaining so much?

Comment

You are firm in your beliefs.

You have 4 sons.

You picked a wife for each of them and arranged the marriage.

One squawks, so do you cave for just the squawker?

Parsley

Comment

What you call "flexibility" I call discrimination.

Comment

Wilagro,

If wheat is wheat... if there is no difference... then why can't any wheat grower get an export license for their wheat;

Like the wheat seed grower can- Free;

Like the manufactured feed producer can-Free;

Like the organic wheat grower can- Free;

Like the Creston wheat grower can- Free;

Like the Ontario wheat grower can-
          Free;

Like the CWB 'Designatd area' grower exported their own produce before 1990- Free often without export licenses;

All of which 'price' and 'volume' of wheat being exported under these licenses are not a concern to the CWB.

So please tell me why the CWB would 'fall apart' if a few innovators that are willing to take the risk on not getting paid... on big tieups at the US Border... giving the CWB more capacity and less wheat to sell...

Why wouldn't the CWB gladly give an exemption for growers that desire the opportunity to innovate and develop different relationships outside the 'normal' marketing channels?

These growers will obviously be selling at premium prices... or the business wouldn't happen at all... the extra work and risk all have a cost... so what is the big deal?

Why didn't the CWB fall apart before 1990.... when the export exemptions were much easier to get than they are now?

It is clear Goodale created the monopoly with his: 30 minute 'order in council' in 1996... it was not even legally in place before he zapped us!

How on earth can you claim this is a just or fair action of the CWB?

Comment

Tom4CWB: "How on earth can you claim this is a just or fair action of the CWB?"

I don't believe that I did claim that it was a fair or just action? We will all have to judge this by its own merits and I doubt that there will be much agreement.

Comment

You seem to identify the problem, wilagrow.

In any relationship, there has to be some sense of fairness.

The hockey coach with the kids.

The council with the taxpayers.

Country to country.

Not being treated fairly debilatates.

You seem quite prepared to defend the CWB's policy actions, even though they have targeted a favourable buyback for some, but not for others.

Being able to justify,.. in your mind, actually in single desk minds,.. favoutism so that you can gain a financial benefit, is telling.

Gain is the be all end all.

Not someone I want for a business partner, nope, not someone I want to hang out with and listen to their condemantion of a choice marketer's "wanting to cherry pick", come to think of it.

Nope.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...