• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started Seeding Today!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started Seeding Today!

Its amazing how long it took to get going this spring then had 10 Super B show up on weekend to get out malt barley, that was suppose to go in Dec. But that's another thread. Its wet leaving 40 ft around most sloughs. Maybe a few days to early. But 10 miles east of me there are 4 guys who have each over 1000 acres in, But its lighter soil. But will any thing really grow when the ground is so cold. Yes its going to warm up it always does but its cold. Frost boils still around so taking a truck to far into a field is a no no. Were doing peas with second rig and main one is starting durum by noon. Funny talked to a few seed growers on the weekend and all have huge amounts of HRS seed. No takers. Did our CWB P--- off enough guys and also lots of Barley. every thing else is sold out. Saw a few nights ago one of our new Canadian farmers spraying roundup at 5:30 boy their will be a roundup complaint for our local rep to deal with. But I should be fair local neighbor had another local company out yesterday in that windy cold day doing a burn off.
    What are others seeing. Oh also very few crocuses yet growing.

All week long, and last week as well, quite a bit of seeding done in the southeast Moose Mountain area.

The trees are constantly huddling in the cold wind, although you can see the little droopy-bracs hanging from the birch trees, still umber-colored, but a yet-unsuccessful green trying it's best to overcome the winter dullness.

Sheltered perennials have poked out and are hardy. Birds everywhere.

Parsley

Comment

Have about 500 acres peas in after two days , shut down early yesterday due to misty rain and got started late today, The other rig has done two canola plots and about 100 acres. The plots may be a wee bit early but it's nice to have them out of the way when I need to get real work done.
      Winter wheat came through alright

good soil moisture a few wet spots a little dryer than usuall but overall not bad, tough to write off a crop in April.

Stay safe!
      take your time!

Comment

Been beaver hunting.

Comment

Still to start monday here. No one else going yet. I am busy cleaning up last falls scraping. By the looks of the weather the next few days should be able to go straight from one end to the other when get going, nice to see the sloughs drying up finally. Yes Robins everywhere,
          most should head further north soon.

Comment

It looks dry but slow going sloughs dried down but still muddy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...