• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new CWB director

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new CWB director

Good news from Minister Ritz today.
    New appointed director to the CWB is David Carefoot former CFO with Viterra and AU.
    Mr. Carefoot brings much need fiscal knowledge to the CWB and definitely has his work cut out for him at the board table.
    Can't wait for the lefty's to try to trash this appointment!! A man with these sound credentials will be needed in seeing the CWB rebuild its credibility with farmers and our customers.
    Erik

Actually, it is just another move by Ritz to 'trump' or 'stack the deck' with another of his 'agents'.

Mind you, he has the authority to do so but I am sure that pure politics is at play here.

Comment

By achieving a balanced board of directors that meet Canadian standards for corporate governance means that the Minister is stacking the deck, well so be it I guess.
      It is the government of the day's right to appoint whom ever. By appointing qualified personel that will work towards ensuring the corporate entity is run properly, is the goal I believe.
      The CWB board needs a balance, where outside strengths work with elected farmers to govern the CWB though its CEO.

Erik

Comment

I welcome the appointment of David Carefoot to the CWB board of directors.

His knowledge of the industry will certainly wll be an asset.

There are eight elected directors that refuse to respect the rights of western canadian farmers.

A balance of directors is welcome.

Comment

What is happening with barley free market? Is the gov't going to wait until an elecion is called and then the idea will die again? What's the plan Stan?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...