• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Railway Cap Increase

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railway Cap Increase

Yet another hand in your pocket, an 8 per cent increase in the cap coming. Where is the costing review that was promised?

You wouldn't want the railway companies to go broke, would you?

Their lobbying usually pays off as it has in the past. If they do get their way, they just perform in the same old inefficient way that has become the standard.

Have many in-laws working for CPR...you should hear some of their stories. None of their unions get along and sometimes actually thwart the others efforts for efficiency.

Comment

If you want a review, email your MP. Quick link to a prepared e-mail on the CFA website or link through the CWB website.

Comment

Read this from the other day...
        <blockquote>"A costing review could save farmers over $8,000 a year, according to a study by respected rail analyst John Edsforth, recently commissioned by the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB). The study estimated the two major railways earned at least $100 million above what they would make in a competitive, free-enterprise environment." </blockquote>

Lets put this in perspective, I lost $8000 on just my last 100 tonnes of winter wheat about a month ago when I compared prices across the line. Its a whole lot more when I look at my whole crop.

So while you're emailing your MP remember to say that yes the railroads are a problem but the bigger one is the CWB and that it is high time we got what was promised us a long time ago already.

Marketing choice.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...