• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Looming Commodity Crisis

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are not horses.

The market is made up of people.

The the folks in the countries who have treated their people the way your mother and grandfather treated their horses are the biggest villains in history.

Comment

Not sure on the reference to whipping horses. The initial reference was to a new group of investors in commodity futures markets that are effectively elephants/not very responsive to changing market conditions. Government can regulate them and that perhaps is who you are expecting to use the whip. Agstar77 is right in that there is not very much individual risk manager/speculator can do (effectively the equivalent of a flee). These unresponsive giants do create opportunities but you need to be cautious.

Comment

The market used to belong to people some scupulous some not. Now the markets sre dependent on computer generated programs . Whether people starve is irrelevant, whether you or I as a producer survive is irrelevant to a computer.

Comment

Agstar has now entered the twilight zone.

Que the sci fyi music...

Comment

Fransisco:

And how well do you treat your pigs?

Comment

Pigs are amazingly sensitive animals if you stress them out in any way they stop growing. And that's not good for my bottom line. I can't afford not to be good to them.

I don't need to "control" them, their job is simply to grow, and grow as quickly as possible. I give them all the food, water, space and freedom they need to pack on the pounds. They don't live a long life but in my barns its a good one.

My motto is you take good care of those pigs and they will take good care of you.

Comment

Jeezuss.......

Fran,let your dogs pee on the floor?
                To afraid to train?
                Thats called city wanker.
                Tom4-Take your stat and shuf it!

Zero knowledge here folks,-neither have had to help a freezing calf in zero weather with an angry mom?

Good luck in goody twoshoe land "experts".

The day a farmer doesnt have to be tough with animals once in a while,is a day a kid from the local 7=11 can run the farm.

Comment

Well, well look who made it home before last call. What's the matter cotton did you get kicked out of your local pub?

Let me guess, you're the kind of guy who takes a pitch fork to that mother cow who is giving you a hard time.

You want to talk about ignorance? You're the one who wants to treat people the same way you treat your animals.

Once again you've shown the world why your eyebrows are thicker than everyone else's and your knuckles are closer to the floor.

Comment

Fransisco, if your definition of treating pigs right means forcing paylean down their throats, shooting them up with more hormones and drugs than a contestant at an 100 meter race at the olypics, forcing them into a cramped stalls, forcing them to live their entire lives in and above their toliets, and sending them off in an 18 wheel livestock trailer to slaughter at -35 celcius, then I guess, in your mind you are treating them better just fine.

How you can simply treat a living being to be equal and no more important than a sack of wheat is disturbing.

Comment

GrainBeetle said "Fransisco, if your definition..."

That is obviously not my definition little bug, it is yours.

What's the matter? Can't come up with a decent argument so now you have to pretend people have said things they didn't.

Tsk, tsk your mother wouldn't be very proud of this kind of behavior now would she?

I mean really, the thread is about what affect speculators and the funds have on markets and your contribution is to make up stories about how I treat my animals.

Give your head a shake, get on topic or give it a rest already. You're embarrassing yourself.

Comment

You've moved from spell checker to phsyco-analyser.
                        Good for you!

Comment

When the world gives you lemons you make lemonade.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...