• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop conditions Week 3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop conditions Week 3

Well its the third week of may and most crops look the sh-ts. Patch or just out of the ground, and it doesn't matter what drill a guy used either. Some crops that were seeded near our house in Regina last week of April or the 25th of April still aren't out of the ground or are just peaking through. Its going to freeze again at yorkton and eastern Sask into Manitoba. But oh year were on our way to producing a bumper crop. Then they announce Australia is going to get no rain this week, oh my god another area with no bumper crop. But the good old USA and Europe will produce one. But I digress its been along haul and we were rained out this after noon straw was plugging big drill, I was seeding Oats with small one on canola and went till the fert runs started to plug.
    Some crop is finally coming up and you can see rows in some wheat. Lots of patchy early crops in our area. Were close to 75% done, today was a slow day. Canola all in plus durum and peas and some spring wheat. Looks like were going to cut canola acres by some 20% due to rotation and getting us back to 50/50 cereals and canola/peas. Pioneer has $9.50 for fall for yellows.

SF3, we just rapped up here today, i think most will be in our district(twp 5 in the SE) this week, still less than 1/4" of rain/or snow since Apr 1st. earlier stuff just coming through 3 weeks!!! stuff that would normally take 5 to 7 days!!! hear about that cold weather coming too, and am happy things aren't bigger, just in case. i just have a sense that if we don't get frost this spring, that we'll see it in Aug... just have that feeling....

Comment

Cheer up guys. We appreciate the risk and effort that you expend to put bread on our tables. (I always wanted to hear that so I thought I'd try it out on you) Seed it the dust and the bins will bust. Seed in the frost and all is not lost. One for the Gypper and all that.

Comment

boarderbloke
        Get out the rubber boots......or the canoe, not fully sure which you're going to need by the end of this week.

Comment

mcfarms, we've been forecast hundreds of mm's this spring, always 3 to 4 days in the future, never to see anything. just Sunday night the 'Weather Network' was forecasting a range of 45mm to 60mm for Wed, Thur & Fri, now nothing! this would be the fourth rainfall event of this size that has been completely wrong, forecasted just a couple days ahead, I mean it's not even a ten day forecast! our luck might be better if they (Meteorologists) just kept their mouths shut

Comment

MCFarms we have heard all spring how the weather office has been calling on a rain event, well its end of may and nothing they predicted came. For our farm the 3/4 of a inch that we recieved they called for a clear night. But this thread was for crop conditions what are they like in each guys area. My guess is slow patchy germination with weed pressure from poor burn off and a little moisture but dry.
            Back out seeding, seems till we get to ten or less its stressful.

Comment

Yes they seem to struggle with rainfall forecast accuracy don't they. Alot of seeding got done last week in these parts quite a few wrapped up. Of all farm sizes. Crops are off to a good start with the heat over the last week end and decent moisture the crops are really emerging quickly. But it's a long summer yet. 6/10 here this morning since 5 am supposed to rain all day.

Comment

rained out yesterday at 70 % complete in my part of the peace.....seeding only became general in the last week...lots went in fast as per usual....i do not mind the half inch we just got, winter wheat looks good, peas are poking through

Comment

Rain here today, 1/2 inch roughly, SE of Calgary. 75% done with all canola and CWRS wheat in the ground. Wheat is up and looking good, lots of moisture to seed into and then the blast of heat made for quick emergence. Just feed barley to go, /- 1100 acres.

Comment

Half way to a complete train wreck.

At least i dumped in extra inputs LOL.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...