• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Planting or Marketing Oats?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Planting or Marketing Oats?

I hear it is the real sleeper crop, or are oats just asleep 2008? Shouldn't be like it is cause the CWB, isn't marketing the critters. What do ya think has happened to this sleepy crop?

I hear that some oats buyers are offering $4.00/bu. for fall delivered oats. That is historically a very good price.

And, yes, oats could go higher if corn takes off but, say, 10% or 15% of expected new-crop production priced at about 4 bucks is still pretty good.

Comment

Oats has worked great for me.
      Trendline nicely intact.
      Old high easily achievable.

Comment

Burburt as you know that Oats are not a CWB crop how are you going to get full payment?
        Last time I asked you stopped replying.

Comment

I'm not planting oats. The last time I sold oats I got $1.09 per bu., wow, what a money maker, even yielding good oats still suck, unless you have use for the straw I guess. Got a cheque from the grain company, tiny one, but it didn't bounce.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...