• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I said it before, The market will kill the Grain boom before were done seeding.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said it before, The market will kill the Grain boom before were done seeding.

I said it before and Ill say it again this grain boom ended on the 25th of February. Just a boom for 20 days and it was all over. Waited a life time to see grain prices keep up with costs and it lasted a whopping 20 days. Waited since 1979 to see prosperity on the farm and it has been killed since the famous Feb 25th run up.
    We hear stories now that every country is producing this infamous bumper crop and prices will get back to normal. Funny once their was food riots etc starting this boom ended. So the theory of cheap food policy is a myth.
    Ha I say, the world wants one thing and only one thing cheap food. The rest of the products can go to unbelievable prices (oil gold etc) but food the staple for life gets creamed. So to the liberals who for so many years didn't want to subsidise agriculture why not if the market doesn't want to pay for our product then help us keep afloat by paying us to grow it. Look at the new US farm bill subsidies will be based on this years prices. HM so if the markets are right we will have decrease in world prices yet the Americans will be covered by early 2008 prices. In Canada we will have farmers who went nuts buying equipment supplies on a crop that wont be worth what we have in it. Farm debt will be back up in Canada since most are financing their purchases. Example a brand new Air drill parallel link with big tank 75 ft is $393,000.00 cash price $280,000.00 This is an air drill tractor to pull it cash price is less than $260,000.00 Hm don't you need one to pull the other. Why cash price they are valuing your trade at 80,000.00 or less for a 3 season 60 ft drill because their is a shortage. Yea right.
    Then their is the environment crew that is now killing bio fuels because the winners are farmers.
    Is it just me or are we heading back to the lows of the last few years, with time of purchase by countries to less than 30 day supply.
    Yes their are prices locked in for certain crops (not CWB) so the drop wont be till 2009 for most but what a commodities boom.
    So were done seeding and to me it looks like their killing the grain markets.

SF3,

STOP worrying!

BE HAppY!

You will live much longer if you do and are!

Take the family for a picnic... be happy... and COUNT your BLESSINGS... it is much better for your blood pressure!

Comment

SK3

From what you have indicated, farming has been pretty good to you/allowed you to create wealth. I note you comments on land purchases/increased values.

Even at today lower values relative to winter, prices are still good and I suspect (weather cooperative which may be a stretch in Saskatchewan), farmers will make money this year.

Know about weather issues in Saskatchewan but there are other areas (Alberta for the most part) that are looking pretty good. Some issues in the US but on the whole good. July is the critical month however.

Enjoy the good times. They won't last forever.

Comment

I am enjoying the good times and have done well I think in the last 10 years you learn from your mistakes were off to the lake with kids.
        But deep down I cant believe whats happening. Sudden troubles with food riots and prices nose dive.
        Lake and boating will be great today, moving north for a relaxing summer at lake. Yes life is good and short SUMMER IS HERE!

Comment

I agree with S.F., for the most part the wheat boom is over, corn/oilseeds will hold up for a while. But I also think wheat went up too high too fast. At the end of the day the world will not produce a bumper crop of wheat and but demand has softened. By next winter the wheat stocks will be lower than anticipated today,imo. We may not see $20 wheat, although Canadians never did and never will, But overall the diets of the big populations in the world have changed and demand for what we grow will keep supplies at low levels.
          I did take some much needed time off and caught some nice fish, but back to the grind today.
          BTW canola is getting reseed here and north with plant stands falling below 10-14 plants/m2. 2 hard frosts and 3 light frosts in 7 days is taking it's toll. Crop coditions have gone from good to critical over the past week - need rain very soon!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...