• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold

Midnight and the thermometer shows plus 1.
    I guess I will set the alarm clock for 6 instead of 4 for spraying Odyssey. What is with this weather? Checked my roundup canola which looks not great (thin and frost damaged and now bug eaten, it is helix treated so hope the bugs don't eat too much with their one bite.

Today I had sask crop insurance out to look at our nexera 845
    plant counts were around 13-18 plants per square meter.We have now sprayed it out and will replant to cpsr
    going long in canola I think that this cold spring with all the wind and no maisture in my area will reduce the bu. average on the stats can report.
    when the trade and speculators relize this they will start piling on just to ensure supplies at a price they can afford.
    Other canola feilds are thin but not bad enough to reseed but yeilds will suffer.

Comment

15 plants per meter is more then enough. Thats 1.5 plants per sq ft. I have left stands at 2 per sq meter and got almost 30 bus. Why would you reseed that crop?

Comment

you have a lot more moisture than I do it's still hot and dry. no Germination As we are seeding toady many little seedlings germinated then died before making it out of the ground.
        Last year we had a similar feild let it go.
        try staging three crops in same feild.
        better to cut losses, and move on.
        how are conditions in your area
        I'll agree than crops in southern alberta and manitoba look alright ,
        I'm just saying look for 3-4 less bushals on Canada's crop yeilds and look where that takes us.

Comment

Just w, your right, a thin plant stand can still make a crop but you need moisture to keep it going and produce a viable stand. Most canola has been sitting dormant, what survived, for the past week. Calling for showers but we need at least a 1" rain within days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...