• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I applaud the Guy who Sold grain to the USA!.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applaud the Guy who Sold grain to the USA!.

The more I think about the story of the guy who bought farmers grain for $16.00 in Canada then sold it as seed etc to the Us farmers for $20.00 plus is just a smart operator.
    But in Canada he has broken all the cardinal rules of fair trade and must be punished.
    1- farmers who sold to him got close to $7.00 more than most farmers will get from the CWB. Look at latest PRO and then minus what the got from this guy. (that's for CWB supporters because you don't understand math)
    2.Second the middle man made 25% for his efforts like any business in City out of this 25% he has to deduct all his expenses etc.
    3. American farmers win because they can buy seed for $20.00 not $25.00 a bushel or better.
    SO isn't it a win win situation for all involved.
    Who looses!
    1.- CWB didn't get its share out of the loot. (Doesn't the Mob work like this too, when your in business they come offer protection for a cut)
    2. Seed companies if that's what it was sold as. enough said!(if all the advances in genetics were true we would be producing 150 bushel wheat in Canada).
    So I don't know I think I like it when a FARMER wins!
    Vader isn't that what it all about! FARMERS!

I agree good for Him,

This topic made me think of an article I read in the cooperator recently. They talking about the special treatment seed growers enjoy under the CWB. Like being able to get out of delivery contracts if the grain is to be sold for seed.
    There was also a quote from an anoymous seed grower who was pissed because non traditional seed growers (other farmers) were taking advantage of the system. I thought that was pretty arrogant.

Comment

I guess what I am trying to get out to farmers, Real grain farmers the ones that are working increasing their farm size, working like fools and at the same time because were to busy to run for CWB directors etc we are being taken advantage of by everyone.
      From Organic special privileges to Seed growers etc, to our preferred clients (wink wink). The CWB has helped every one except the primary grain producers.
      But again its spring and were all getting really busy so it will continue for another year.

Comment

SaskFarmer, you say "must be punished".
        I say he gets the same punishment that Vader got, absolutely nothing.

I agree, good for him.

Comment

Yeah, one hand clapping. Besides you can sleep better not worrying who will come a knockin'.

Comment

Agstar - God forbid someone make more money than you on board grains, it sickens me that your happy that he may get punished for this. Good on him, I hope this gets good attention, it will show how the borg mafia opperates.

Comment

He will get lot's of attention. When seedgrowers lose their export privlidges , he will be very popular.

Comment

So you are suggesting that you are going to start denying export permits to seed growers? Correct?

I guess then you have to stop giving them to eastern canadians, feed mills, organic growers, etc... ??? (Who else am I not mentioning?)

If you shut one group down now, how can you justify letting the rest carry on as usual?

Or will it still be ok for those select people?

Comment

No, but it will become a lot harder, more red tape.

Comment

If the CWB yanks all seed growers export privileges whose popularity is really going to suffer?

Think about it agstar.

Comment

Wedino read the whole post I am laughing what CWB supporters are saying, its not what I think I agree with what the guy did its helping farmers get a fair price for their product.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...