• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take time to have a June moment on the farm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take time to have a June moment on the farm

There's nothing like the Prairies in June.

Wolf willows are yellow with blooms..inhale the scant.

Saw gawky colts jumping and wobbling...on the way to Farm Progress.

The crops are so alive they're silently noisy, and perky juicy green and sproinging in neat rows.

Parsley

Parsley,

A June moment...

A Federal Court Judge at the corner of every wheat and barley field on my farm... Telling me he can spend my money to tell me lies and deceptions... and I can go suck on the rocks I pick... if I don't like what he says!

What ever happened to the Federal Court ruling that the Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not apply to economic matters?

We shouldn't appeal this ruling... because it gives individual people private property rights?

WRONG.

The Federal Court was formed to protect entities like the CWB... which they themselves are!

A JUne day... in Canada... Goodales revenge...

Comment

I refrained from kicking handy cats yesterday and hilled potatoes instead, but I can relate to the "June bugs" for you.

Explain what you said:

"We shouldn't appeal this ruling... because it gives individual people private property rights? "

Parsley

Comment

Parsley,

If the CWB has economic rights to control assets in their control... why shouldn't the individual as well?

But is it possible that the CWB could have the right to control my assets... that are not theirs because..."They return everything minus costs" ... so does the CWB have priority over the grain growers they serve... or are the CWB in the same position as the Government... no right to control more than specifically authorised by legislation.

But... the ?

Is the CWB in its quasi-gov state immune to accountability?

I know that was Goodales ambition... so far his legislation has met every challenge... if growers did as well... what would the outcome be?

Can a quasi-gov corp be formed that is not accountable to any one... the courts, the gov... the growers it commands?

Comment

Looks like Goodale vas a goot lawyer...he made the CWB "bullet-proof" from inexperienced tinkering from a government intent on subverting due process.

Two Ag Ministers failed so far in their attempts...how many more to go? Oh well, there is no rush.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...