• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

longest day of the year!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

longest day of the year!

Nothin but sunshine today - good and not good?
    1/2 of the western Canadian crop growing very well today, the other half is deteriating.
    All problems aside it does finally feel like summer regardless of crop conditions. Kids are playing in the pool and I have a cold beer in hand - I guess it's mostly all good. Have a good weekend and pray for rain for those who need it!

Huh. I thought the longest day was the day after I forgot my wife's birthday?

Finished baling first cut today. Finally.

Comment

Crops did jump nice this week, still late and canola is all over the map one field is bolting one by Regina is just out of the ground.
      Could some of the problems be this year with seed treatment. Look in ground for seeds and you will still see the blue out side shell. These new treatments are they causing our canola from getting moisture from soil to germinate and therefore the patchy fields till big rain.

Comment

SKFarmer,

I have treated right next to black seed on a section, both look like crap.
        Nothing to do with treatment.

Comment

Treatments have had an effect on our farm when spring moisture is minimal, and also for early frost tolerance. We had many empty blue shells this year as well...the seeds had germinated and died. On a side by side trial, when Prosper was still being evaluated, the Helix treated seeds emerged much better...sooner and more vigourous. We had an end of May frost that year as well and the Prosper plot..20 acres..had to be reseeded while the Helix treated did not. These plots were side by side for 1 mile...the dference was obvious from the road....Bill

Comment

Noticed the blue shells on the cots as well, but the helix and helix extra is performing very well compared to the prosper.

Comment

Longest day of year? boy, times flying! I noticed the effect seed treatment had on germination last year. I had a few hundred acres of untreated canola that was up in about 3 days. The treated canola always seemed to take 5 days to a week. Last year we had lots of subsoil, heat, and many showers during seeding, so conditions were optimal. Problem with untreated, the darn bugs shear it off as it emerges, so you better spray even before it comes up!! I do not think I will seed untreated again unless seed prices go up too much.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...