• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 dollar flax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parsley

Agree 100 %. Note that flaxseed is worth $50/bu if you satisfy a consumer need. The consumer need is flaxseed's health benefits (plus maybe some organic premium).

Just out of curiousity, how many look at food ingredients at the local grocery store?

Comment

Did you ever go into a large grocery store and watch people shop? I have.
      More and more, shoppers read labels.

I note that many decision makers feel the urge to "educate consumers."

However, if they went into a store and watched how/what consumers select, it is indeed the decision makers who will also be educated.

When I was in Minneapolis, there were were pollsters right in the malls, asking about what/why/how much/ you purchased. Various products. ie "What was the # 1 reason that prompted you to you buy this product?"

In NYC, in the most expensive specailty grocery store in the world, I noted intent label-readers. Money was no object. Where it was grown and how it was grown was the focus, after content. Ingredients are crucial.

If you make 20Million a year, you don't care if you spend 5 thousand on food or 6 thousand.

If you make 2thousand a year, price becomes the overiding factor.

The question is this...which group do most Canadian farmers want to target and sell to?

Here I go harping...listen to your consumer. If they don't want red dye in the icing on their forty dollar birthday cake, the baker is dumber than a bag of nails if he argues.

CANADIAN FARMERS HAVE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO ESTABLISH THE FOOD THEY GROW AS THE DIAMOND SOURCE OF FOOD IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

DIAMOND SOURCE.

And I think that is pretty damned amazing.

Parsley

Comment

Wow, forecasts based on inflation, the master at work folks.

What are you looking for cotton the "Christopher Columbus" award for discovering something that already exists?

Lets take a stroll down memory lane and see how well tricky Nickie's promises held up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzr1QU6K1o

That was an historic moment, Nixon severed the last ties of US currency to gold and joined in the "fiat" frenzy that still goes on today.

Comment

Nice to see you catching up fran.

That puts me about four years ahead of you.

What were your price projections?

What were others price projections?

Comment

Riddle me this, oh wise and humble one.

A. Why do you think long term price projections are so important?

B. Why do you hang your hat on them?

Comment

$25/bu; definitely by the end of 2008/09; probably in the next 6 months; much sooner if there's a weather problem in MB or SK.

www.farmlinksolutions.ca

Comment

btjlepp

Exactly what do you mean IF there's a weather problem in MB or SK.

After looking at my crops today there is a big weather problem. Its called lack of rain coupled with no subsoil moisture. The taps turned off earlier than this last year and it was the sub moisture that got us through. Not likely this year. I am calling for a 10%below average crop this year. And from what I read from the experts that should be enough to send all commodities soaring.

Comment

i have to BS on the golden flax at 60 fob farm for fall.... unless its organic.

Comment

It's certified organic.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...