• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern Sask Road Trip!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Sask Road Trip!

Just back from a southern Road trip. Kamsack to Regina to Indian Head Montmartre, Weyburn Down US Border across to Assiniboia back up to Regina then To Moose Jaw Home.
    Crops Late, Durum Thin, Canola is it just me or if fields are in full bloom last week of august how well will they really yield. Yes late rain has helped but their also still thin.
    Durum is thin, larger head but very few excellent crops. Barley saw excellent one south of Weyburn not sure why. Where hail has been its big time. Area around Radville to South East did a lot. Also Raymore to Grenfell storm did damage. Lentils are producing but short. Peas near border shutting down will be sprayed. Flax all over the map from excellent to spotty and thin, Maybe one thing sums up this years crop for south.
    AVERAGE!

To bad we arnt on a first name basis,you werent far from me.

Average yes.

And this year i'll take it,as long as it gets in the bin.

I know the barley crop you speek of, and the guys that grow it quite well.

Very impressive.

Comment

Did you see much Canary seed on the trip? When we came back from the states two weeks ago I never saw a single field from Estavan to Davidson.It was raining like crazy but still should have noticed a few.I have not seen a decent canary field yet this year. My guess is a 30% drop in production this year and the guys holding crop aren't selling for under 40 c/pound.

Comment

Cotton I believe we maybe shook hands once at a auction sale some time back. That barley field was really nice. I took a picture. On the Canary seed file seen a few south by pangman. looked really crappy and then between Radville on 705 but their was hail damage.

Comment

I think I saw the same field myself on my trip to the states, I think it had signs in it that said echelon. The field did look good compared to everything else around it. The crops in the south look avg at best, around N Battleford the are very variable, from avg to good. Edmonton too Lloyd the crops look excellent although really late, saw some canola mid bloom yet. The crops in north western ND look poor, but it also looks like marginal land.

Comment

You have traveled an area I have not from Edmonton to Saskatoon. Next time your south of Regina look at the fields and you will see in water areas its lush then as move out shorter and thin in Durum especially. Yes in Western ND its crap land.

Comment

Travelled from N.B'ford south to Swift then to Lethbdige. Crops were exteemly variable good and poor. From Med Hat to east of Taber is almost total devestation(hail/wind). I have never seen such a wide swath of damage(pivots/bins/crop). From Taber to Brooks alot of hail damage. Brooks north to Oyen there is no cropland. Going East into Alsask crops got gradualy better. Alsask to Kindersly are very good(alot of durum). Crops north back to N.Bford are average to good. But all are two weeks behind. Hevy hail reported west of B'ford to Lloyd upto Meadow yesterday plus 2-3" of rain in 2 hours. We are still a long way from the bin. Some peas and lentils close to spraying in the 1500km trip.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...