• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funeral

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funeral

KVD dies today and thanks to your new government you will be out 4.00 per tonne. For all of you been counters who say the CWB costs you money you can take this to the bank. This doesn't even cover possible liability, but you are going to get immense new benefits from these theoretically higher yielding varieties the U.S. can't develop.

The little sheepies will get sheared again. Our "New Canadian Government" can do no wrong...dems smart fellars...U bet.

Comment

Let the good times roll agstar, let the good times roll.

Lacombe Research Station, CDC Saskatoon and Brandon has stuff on the shelves that will make you drool.

I am only seeding registered varieties, what do I have to worry about. Maybe now, we will get paid for the milling quality instead of what it lools like.

Comment

K.V.D.

R.I.P.

Good riddance to a bad policy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Comment

This is the beginning of required certified seed for all wheat, durum and barley acres.

Good bye bin run seed, hello, 30 dollar per bu
          seed cost.

Fransico, your lack of pig marketing skills is quite apparent in these posts. Stick with what you don't know... stinky pigs.

BTW, How was the "no-smell" bbq in your yard this year?

Comment

I've had many actually. It's amazing what a little chopped barley straw blown onto a lagoon can do for odour control.

And it is the beginning of higher yields for everyone. Higher yields means more money for everyone. Of course you must be against that beetle, it's seems to be more important to you that we have stiffling regulations rather than higher profitability.

Well the rising tide will lift all boats. Yours too, and you're welcome, by the way.

Comment

All these negative waves emanating from Grainbeetle. Slowly losing the Borg and KVD. How will we ever survive eh, Beetle.

If, after this year of high prices, how anybody can still believe the CWB bullshit about the premiums they extract, you deserve to pay $30 per bushel for seed. Where did you dig that up from, CWB propaganda, NFU nonsense or maybe you have a private telephone line to Wayne Easter.

Comment

kryger,

I second the motion on the $30/bu pedigreed seed wheat... anyone can grow certified seed for a cost of less than $2/bu more than commercial seed wheat... contracted as many years forward as they need.

This is the kind of 'fear mongering' CWB supporters resort to...

Comment

How much are we paying for canola seed boys ? $3oo a bushel or more?
                  Oh Yes plant breeders rights,another one of Brian Mulroneys great ideas.

Comment

Who is forcing you to buy certified Canola seed Mus? You are perfectly free to grow your own open pollinated varieties from years back.

Personally, I don't mind paying for the latest genetics, I think its a bargain quite frankly.

Comment

Yes, and we seed more and more of it, and push our rotations. You know why we do that. Because we make money on the Canola. You know why we make money on the Canola. Because it ain't under the wheat board. Open market, sell when you want, sell when you need money, sell when the price is right.

I love the open market, Just too many choices for some people. They would rather let somebody else grab them by the hand(or put a gun to their head, as a past chairman of the CWB said) and tell them what to do. All with a smile, of course.

Comment

Agstar define the $4.00 additional cost to producers. Maybe while your at it, maybe you can define the cost of KVD to winter wheat producers whose industry was going down the tube under KVD.
                        Also want to make a comment re moving to a more deregulated wheat industry. With the clout the CWB has in our seed registration system don't expect that western canada will move towards a system similar to Ontario where producers can chase unique opportunity in the industry. The CWB is already throwing up road blocks to registering varities in the new GP class. The mindset remains that milling wheat is the only game in town and it is preceived that high quality is the only area we can compete in. So much for the idea that producers who are throwing more and more money at crop production are too stupid to decide what works in terms of the crops they grow.

Comment

Craig,

Right on.

Falcon is the perfect example.

U.S. PNW #1 variety... and it won't even make the select class in Canada.

So we take a $30-40/t discount from the CWB... to produce spring wheat quality from our winter wheat... and we over 5 years never once have been paid the select 'premium'.

THe CWB is a tax... obviously... to keep Winter Wheat from being grown... and keep CWRSpring KING.

SCREW the Environment... protect the CWB.

Comment

Yes U.S. breeders have done a fantastic job without KVD , average U.S. spring wheats yield expected to be 36.4 bus./acre.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...