• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Wheat Trade and Market Power

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Wheat Trade and Market Power

The International Grains Council has estimated world wheat trade this week at 109 million metric tonnes for 2007/08.

The CWB exported 11.3 MMT in the crop year just ended. And who was the CWB's largest customer by country?

CANADA @ 2.1 MMT
    Indonesia is 2nd at 1.37 MMT
    Japan is third at 945,000 MT.
    USA is 4th at 740,000 MT.

These are the CWB's own stats released on Thursday.

Japan imports between 5.5 and 5.75 MMT of wheat annually.

I'm interested how one entity exerts "market power" or extract a premium when you supply 17% of their (Japan) imports? I know its been covered before 1000 times here and a few hundred thousand trees ago. Today, if I had 10 minutes to spend with someone deceased - it would still be my Dad but Beswick is coming in a close second.

Price discrimination: 1 CWRS 13.5 delivered against a 2 CWRS 13.5 contract and called "a premium". Who knows when this happens?

Farmers need to ask a whack of questions this week. The BOD are managing 7 billion dollars of your money.

Did they return the most possible to your farm?

Just looking for farmer's thoughts. Please support your statements with facts - positive or negative - not rhetoric.

Have a great long weekend!

Informa's analysis shows that out of the 91 countries the wheat board sells wheat to the only one in which it may actually get a premium in is Ecuador.

One out of 91, the only thing they do a worse job of marketing is malt barley where it is zero out of 20 countries.

Comment

Willie, Agstar care to comment?? Good on you Larry, let the truth be told! Keep it up. My guess is that Burbot will bash the line companies for this one. Wow Equidor, now lets keep that one under wraps! Larry, do not let this slide - put it everywhere you can. Basicaly CWB supportors are promoting free wheat to Eastern Canada , it's great to be Canadian Eh! What a bunch of blind a--H@#$%^.

Comment

Indonesia, wow where was the super duper Warburtons from Briton I thought we do all this work of buying Cert seed and bin separate etc and really their is no premium. When will farmers finally wake up. Way to go Larry, Have a good long weekend.

Comment

LWeber;

That isn't the end of the distructive annoyance...

The CWB distorted the basis on the FPC or did they?

Did the CWB lock in a sweet basis for the multi-nationals... and pad their pockets with $50/t on 10mmt... half a billion more lost?

WHAT is actually going on at the CWB?

Risk management?

How on earth could one group of people... be so arrogant... decieve so many folks... and still get away with it?

Are we really all so stupid... that we willingly retreat... hide in a corner and lick our wounds...?

Comment

At least the accedited agent who handles the CWB sales going into Indonesia should be making some coin.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...