• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost by Regina - Close but no Cigar!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frost by Regina - Close but no Cigar!

At five AM out side the city it got down to 2 Celcius this morning. Durum is looking at me like HELP I need more time.
    But wait this is s bin buster were talking about.
    Watch the US Soybeans they need till end of September and Corn the same.

2 here as well,

I think all of our crops are out of the woods, the only one is the durum with the low spots still green, but hills are ready to combine.

Not much canola left standing, seems like just me, 6 quarters left to swath. Couldn't go yesterday with my old units, the canvas kept slipping in the rain.

I guess I'll have to take the dealer's advice and buy a new one for $100,000 to swath 10 to 15 quarters every year.
    Not bad over 5 years... cost would be about $70/ac to own it, plus just a little more to run and maintain it.

hmmmm, what to do?

Comment

Railway,

Upgrade your drive rollers with the rubber ones... make sure the drive motor is on the centre (inboard) so it has the best chance to pull the canvas without slipping.

Honeybee even has new rollers and canvasses with a v-belt built into the top roller and canvas... expensive... but not 100grand!

Comment

Frost here(Naicam) on the grass this morning. Temp gauge in truck said 1 degree at 6:30. If it froze hard there wouldn't be much in this area that wouldn't be affected.

Comment

0 degrees C at 5:00AM. south east of Saskatoon
          Even if there was a little frost in low lying areas I don,t think it lasted long enough to do damage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...