• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Censorship

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually folks, I have been banned from Angriville on two occassions. Numerous phone calls and promises to be more civil have gotten me back on. Once for using a word similar to chicken manure caused banning. The other incident I can't remember, but guess that it was cause I wasn't positive enough! Recently at least one of my common sense rants has been censored by Angriville staff. Yes I get called lots of names, but consider the source of the name calling, men/women of true genius in most cases.
    IN REALITY the only interesting thing on this sight are these threads, other material is just mundane boring, framer talk oops, farmer talk, LOL (oh yeah, thats why I was banned last time, for using framer, when it should have read farmer) upset many apparently.

Comment

Charlie, Lee, Joe...
      I haven't been here too long, maybe two years. { to make something clear right off the bat, boarderbloke refers only to my geographic location, close to two boarders, Man. & USA, rather the any affinity with the CWB } I've stumbled into this site via farms.com because for the longest time I was only finding American websites that were worthy of repeat visits. I wanted a website (a coffee shop, so to speak) where I could come to listen in or take part in a, discussion on Canadian agriculture and particularly Canadian grain marketing. wala, Agri-ville, a collection of posters, mostly producers scattered across the prairies talking about weather conditions, crop conditions and prices. It didn't take long though to realize that much of the discussion in the "marketing" area wasn't marketing but rather politics. Some 'topics' were wholly politics, while at other times, someone could be expected to work in politics one way or another, even if it took acrobatics to do so. I would suggest that the "marketing" area be left for a discussion on buying Puts or Calls, Commodity futures price direction, Pooling, Fixed prices or EPOs, Charts, Margins, Trends, Support, Resistance.....etc,etc
      My suggestions would be as follows:
      1) Add a "Agriculture Politics" to the Community Centre.
      2) Move topics posted in the wrong Form to a more appropriate one. (ie. move an equipment Topic from the marketing Forum to the equipment Form.) People post off topic in the marketing forum because other forums in the community centre are seldom active. This may encourage posters to visit more of the community centre.
      3) Consider a IP ban on repeat abusers of the 'ville and it's policies.(perhaps a week after two offenses, a month after three etc..
      I appreciate this site and the ideas expressed here.

Comment

god damn spineless hypocrites

Comment

boarderbloke,

I'm sure you'd like to organize all of us into the "appropriate units" that you will surely enjoy naming and designating for us when we coffee on AV. Labels.

You can take a lessons on designated area 'stepmarching in line' at cwb.com

And then post your comments in the AV library.

cotton and adamsmith and I will be keen to read your DA rules and regulayshuns. barf.

Parsley

Comment

pars, don't get me wrong, I'm not against any political discussion, I was merely suggesting an addition to the Community Centre that would fill the political needs that are obviously needed here. If the intention wasn't to direct conversations into certain categories there wouldn't be the varied list of Forms in the Community Centre.

Comment

You're telling me hobbity-goop...suggesting click and drag to a different thread if you mingle the CWB issue with marketing.

Politics has crippled DA marketing!

Tie a wet pillowcase around your cerebellum and sleep on this:

The CWB monopoly affects every bloody aspect of marketing including organics. They have crippled normal marketing associated with free enterprise just like a computer virus strangles your PC.

Face it dead on as THE marketing issue..the most important marketing issue in Western Canada, or if you are indeed a fainting goat, and too delicate for a war of words, take up the following on your coffeebreak:

craftydaisies.com/2007/08/14/embroidery-lesson-1/ - 77k

Parsley

Comment

now there's the type of discourse that leads to a healthy and informative discussion. lol.

Comment

Glad you tuned in, jensend. We always depend upon you to throw some dandy poison arrows, even though you often retreat to the backhouse when they get thrown back at you.

btw, have you been reading the bran article in the Board catalogue on page http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/

this morning?

Parsley

Comment

i don't retreat to the backhouse but that's the kind of comment you would make. maybe you'll get a free ride if you say some more nice things about charlie. sure i'll hit and run. i've made my point and gotten a reaction. have a good day! if i get booted off it won't make a big hole in my life.

Comment

And your all cool with old archive threads being deleted?

Comment

cp, you asked if were all cool with being deleted?

No, not at all.

But I suspect if this site does become too censored it will lose alot of appeal to many of us here and we will likely find somewhere else in cyberspace to meet up and discuss thing and argue.

We come here because this is where the discussion is taking place, no other reason, and if we find our discussions are being constrained by outside forces, I suspect not to many of us will choose to return.

But as pars said it's their site so they can choose to shut someone up if they want, but why they would want a meeting place where no one wants to meet at would be kind of stupid on their part, don't you think?

Comment

A.S. and others: Yes, the site may lose participants if some are censored but I hear regularly from producers who have left because it was such a nasty and negative place. Maybe a number of those would return - maybe more than a person thinks.

Comment

Are the numbers of visitors going down? Or are the site visitors actually up?

Parsley

Comment

melvill,

Most hits on AV are on Commodity Marketing

Maybe Nasty attracts hits:
                              40226 posts
                              last entry on Sep 2, 2008 16:33

Meantime, back on the ranch, perhaps your moaners seeking cerebral calm have been, er, lying to you:

Spiritual Vignettes

190 hits

Last entry Nov 13, 2007 10:58

Parsley

Comment

parsley, for me, I guess the number of users actually posting would be more important than the number of "hits". My guess is that the number of users is quite a bit smaller than it was, say, two years ago. If I think of it I'll contact farms.com and see if they have that data.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...