• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna be an ugly 12 hours tonight...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be an ugly 12 hours tonight...

The threshold of 6C and 8:00 PM with clear skies is be tested.

Next is 0C at 10:00 a.m.

Not going to be pretty at 5:00 im many places.

Gonna be alot of feed barley and feed wheat in many areas, cowboys should be happy. High qualiy HRSW should bring at least $10/bus after tonight - but it will not - an open market would. Crops have not changed in at least 8 days and they were late then. A bumper crop of feed wheat/feed barley/ or #3 canola will cost money to harvest. 2004 we produced a huge crop here and we broke even, prices are somewhat higher now but they wont be shortly. I could just choke traders who drive down prices before the crop is in the bin!

Comment

BTW, I love the comment in the Western Producer from a trader that there is no real chance of a killing frost for at least ten days. I have frost damage from two days ago and most certinly more after tomorow morning - me and the western half of the Western Praries. This will not be a localised event Terry - in some low areas. But then again it is September and we have in general, a late crop, just like we have said all along. A bumber crop means nothing unless it is all number one with Feb/March 08 prices. This one is going to hurt some real bad come spring '09.

Comment

I have no idea where this cloud cover come from but thank god. I hope others were as lucky.

Comment

No cloud cover here anymore, but still 4. Should be ok. Glad you got your clouds, furrow.

Comment

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/data/satellite/goes_wcan_1070_100.jpg

Send in the clouds!!

Dodged a bullet

Comment

Edmonton not so lucky again:

7 September 2008

6:00 Fog Depositing Ice -3
              5:00 Fog Depositing Ice -2
              4:00 Clear -2
              3:00 Mainly Clear -1

Comment

The thermometer said 2C but the outbuildings with shingles were white. It froze with clear skies I had. No doubt about it. Bumper crop?????

Comment

East of Saskatoon: 0.0 degrees
                  Although frost will cause a some trouble the big risk is past.

Comment

Ugly Jack tonight.
                    Covered the tomatoes and basil.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...