• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parsley's Notebook

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsley's Notebook

Awhile back, Agriville invited me to do a little extra writing for this site, and I thought perhaps a link on the left heading to a "Parsley's Notebook" would give me a space to post a few extra things, seeingst, according to agstar, I am verbose. lol

So, a couple of days ago, much to my surprise, Agriville told me they had set up the rudiments of Parsley's Notebook, so I have worked on it for a day and a half...my learning curve is in slow motion.

There will eventually be a link to Parsley's Notebook from Commodity Marketing, but until then, I'd like to invite you to take a look:

http://parsleysnotebook.blogspot.com/

It's been fun to set up. And there will be a few reads you won't want to miss. Or hit.

Parsley

Am I still allowed back on here, wilagro? LOL

Dear Parsley,

Thanks for taking the time to explore the 'common sense' that so many have left behind!

Politics;

As Melville said... few want to understand what is going on... yet understanding what got us to today... is the key to prosperity tomorrow!

THis is much different than being 'filthy rich'...

Prosperity is about sharing... working hard to achieve goals that benefit everyone...

As those in Wall Street that should have known better...

riches are not the sum in a bank account or vault...

they are the friends we have and the opportunity to co-operate and build a better tomorrow for our friends...children... the next generation...

The fat cat who builds the big barn... fills it... and sits back to 'eat drink and be merry'... will be taken care of!

Wilagro and Agstar77 think the 'gov' can fix anything with a 'redistribution wand'... they are just asking for their 'barn' to be filled with others hard work... at no cost or sacrifice.

Sacrifice without vision and purpose is futility!

BALANCE... FREEDOM... Prosperity...

A smile... with a hand up... and an unspoken blessing;

Is much better than a frown... and a curse under the breath that can be felt a mile away!

THis is the difference between prosperity and greedy arrogance!

Build..

OR

Smash...

All the best with this new 'communication device'... looks like we will have fun and learn to expand our minds!

Sincerely,
    Tom4cwb

Comment

Tom4CWB (not likely):"Wilagro and Agstar77 think the 'gov' can fix anything with a 'redistribution wand'... they are just asking for their 'barn' to be filled with others hard work... at no cost or sacrifice." - TOM4CWB

Yes Tom, you would like to believe that is true but sadly it is not. As long as the CWB legislation is valid, IT prevails over anything that I want. If YOU believe or interpret that the CWB and the "govt" wields a "distribution wand", that is your prerogative. Just don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

Comment

Parsley: Did you know that parsley in french is "persil"? I went to your Blog and saved the current page as text for a later read.

I am very impressed with your presentation. It will take up some of your time to keep this project going and keep it current.

I am sure that other viewpoints will be welcomed as well.

By the way...who is that "movie star" pictured on the Blog? Seems to me that I've seen her before somewhere. Not bad looking' for an old griseled farmer.

Comment

wilagro,

I rather like the 'persil; handle. Maybe I will change it if I am a flop at Parsley's Notebook.

You'll laugh at this. I sent the blog address to family and friends and others in Agriclture last night, and the first person I got an email from was Tom4CWB, thanks Tom, and one from my daughter and one from a cousin in Ontario. Yup.

Other than that, I met with dead silence. Talk about feel dumb. I can think of three reasons:

1. Joe got me off commodity marketing because he got so many complaints he sent me to cyberspace, or

2. It's so damn bad, nobody will tell me, thanks for your compliment wilagor, or

3. The picture actually scared everybody off. You're just not looking with your good eye, wilagro. It had 43 clicks on it this morning, (it's the only thing with any numbers I get) and twenty five of them were mine, trying to figure out how to add my email address. Duh.

btw, you can log in with your regular handle the same as you do on this site, if you do come on to fight with me, wilagro,after all, you wanted the political stuff marooned. I don't handle any of the logon part, it's owned by Joe Dales. I just get my own corner to be , uh, verbose.

Parsley

Comment

nice idea parsely. i will try to keep up.

Comment

Wilagro,

What IS THIS?

"Yes Tom, you would like to believe that is true but sadly it is not. As long as the CWB legislation is valid, IT prevails over anything that I want."

You had me TOTALLY CONVINCED... that the CWB is doing what you want... that the folks that are DIRECTING THE CWB... are -NOT- a bunch of left wing radicals destroying the CWB...

and

that forced CWB POOLING that has NOTHING to do with our needs as a business ...
              ...or our farms marketing plans...

PPO's are not created by the government of CANADA... the loonies at the CWB did this snow job all by themselves.

Cash pricing is not required to go through the CWB pool.. yet it does.

The Contingency FUND does not have to be a political tool of the 'single desk'... yet it has been used to a very high degree to first build a huge surplus... (at our farms expence by the way)... then when folks said this was a great opportunity to be the starting working capital of the CWB...

like magic... the money was all gone in no time of the life which it took to build the contingency fund in the first place. NOT a directive of the government or the CWB Act... just plain direction from CWB managers that intentionally raided the fund. And from all appearance just to remove the opportunity to create a voluntary CWB...

AN distribute the contingency fund through the pool accounts.

NONE of this makes any logical business sense for the long term viability or corporate godd will it will take to make a voluntary CWB work... which is where we all know the end of the CWB...will be.

SO Wilagro... I DON'T GET IT.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

These very issues are major drivers of what Parsley and I have been working to expose... AND...

the real and present need for grain growers to understand...

ARE you telling us you understand and have joined the ranks that hope the CWB stops acting like a bunch of spoilt brats... that need a good spanking?

YOU FOOLED ME!

Comment

Tom: The CWB must conform to the legislation or else it is in violation of the laws of Canada and should be liable and open to charges of Contempt of Parliament.

Management of the CWB may have distorted or misinterpreted as how to conduct it's affairs. It is up to the Board of Directors to keep it straight and if you see something askew go to your Director and inform him/her. Spouting out on this forum will get you nowhere except to create distrust and suspicion of the whole CWB operation.

Comment

Wilagro...

I am the source of the CWB's problems?

Writing numerous letters... to the CWB BOD... the officials put is place by the CWB to oversee the BOD... and I have never received even a reply to the many serious and obvious breaches the BOD have instituted.

There is NO Self Discipline... the bylaws of the CWB mean absolutely nothing... and the public trust they have the responsibility to uphold means absolutely nothing to them. PPO's, the Contingency Fund, Pool losses... all are proof enough that their problems in management are serious longstanding risk management breaches of standard protocol for commercial industry in the rest of our economy.

One only needs to look south for a millisecond... to see the result of such financial mismanagement... and it is our money Wilagro... so no one cares... that matters.

You obviously don't care... why should any judge or CWB management committee be any different?

Your defence of the CWB is a pure cop out... and you know it!

Comment

"btw, you can log in with your regular handle the same as you do on this site," is what I said.

Not true. I thought the log-ons were interchangeable. were connected.

Sorry about that. Some of you have tried to get on the site,and have e-mailed me.

The settings are hopefully now set(I think) so a person can just click on and post.

Apologies,
                    Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...