• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far along is every ones harvest?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far along is every ones harvest?

With our second combine still in the shop and rain on Sunday night it got me to thinking how far along with the harvest are most guys. We had a good week and got to 40% done. I have talked to most neighbors and their just getting to 50% to 60% (smaller guys). I also heard tonight from the CWB that harvest is done for the most part at 66% or more and Sask Ag has us their. Yea my father in law is at 100 acres to go out of his 300 so their correct.
    So were East to NE Sask at 66%. Hows the rest of you doing.

SE of Okotoks, Ab. we are 30% done. Most around here are about that or slightly more. The bright side is most of the wheat came off first.

Comment

N. B'ford area most are 75% done to done. North of here 30% done.

Comment

SW MB

Personaly I have 19 of 21 quarters harvested.

2 quaters of canola left

and a good afternoon of cleaning up the koshia patches that were left.

Down here my best roadside guess is SW MB is 80%-90% completed (not taking into account the sunflowers of course)

Comment

Myself a little behind most neighbours this year many are done and they are not small farmers either. Waited a little to take wheat dry and Canola was not cured so now have a week of canola to do Maybe less depending on the weather, it was tough going yesterday.

Comment

SE Red River valley. finished. Cereals and oil seeds in the 90% plus range. There are a lot of acres in soybeans, corn and sunflowers to go. Soybeans will be a challenge. We received anywhere from 2-5 plus inches of rain last night. On our farm just over three inches. Will be a while before we return to the fields. Will need some excellent weather to harvest soybeans.

Comment

S.W. Alberta- Am hearing guys in our area are 50-60% done. Showers last coupla days but hoping maybe today or tomorrow will get back at it. Yields been very good.

Comment

A quote from Malcolm Bartholomaeus, the Managing Director of the Callum Downs Commodity News:

"If we get no more rain for September, which is on the cards by the look at the forecast, it will be the second driest September in 50 years, with only 2006 being drier. Yield potential will end up being 106 kg/ha more than at the end of September in 2007. Ugly"

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...