• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little note to the agrium dealers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franny: I guess I struck a nerve..... sounds like you're a little jealous of the hutterites and their mega barns, and mega-efficient operations.

You can probably only dream about so much stinky s--t to spread on your limited acres.

Comment

Furrow, I somewhat agree.

Comment

from link in pioneer hybrids website.
        Lower urea prices spur hopes for cheaper fertilizer
        Weekly Fertilizer Review for Sept.25,2008
        With world markets in relative disarray, there are signs fertilizer prices could be softening after their run to record levels during the summer.
        Urea has seen the biggest price break so far, with Black Sea prices off more than $70 a ton in the last two weeks. Black Sea urea is quoted at around $650. Prices at the Gulf were still reported above $700 last week, but there was a report of a sale at $625 this week. December forward prices out of the Black Sea are indicated about $50 lower.
        Ammonia prices dropped about $10 a ton out of the Black Sea last week, but held steady in Tampa at around $845 a ton. December shipments are offered about $85 cheaper than current prices out of the Black Sea, where many international shipments originate.
        DAP prices also could be headed lower. A cargo out of Tunisia reportedly sold for around $970 this week, with December offers at the Gulf around $875 a ton.
        Potash appears to be the strongest of the fertilizer markets right now, with prices holding steady. That’s in part due to ongoing strikes against the Potash Corp. Product was quoted around $800 a ton in Europe this week.
        Natural gas supplies in storage rose by only 51 billion cubic feet in the latest week, less than the 62 bcf anticipated by the trade. That helped prices for natural gas, the primary feed stock for nitrogen based fertilizers, move off session lows this morning, though the market is struggling due to inability to hold above $8.

Comment

Why would the Chinese sell at below market values?

just got back final settlement from FNA my payment was about $5.00 tonne off of local values when I booked
          product was excellent although I did worry quite a bit if it was going to make it before seeding.
          Average discount was apparently $13.00
          I guess they had a supplier walk away from them mid deal as well as other logistical hurdles and refund was not as high as they had hoped.
          All in all I don't think I will deal with them on fert again until they get the kinks worked out.

Comment

No, I'm not jealous of the Hut's, I actually admire their leave us alone to live our own lives attitude. I'm annoyed that other farmers such as yourself, grainbeetle, don't share the same value.

Comment

j_w, did your fertilizer arrive via rail car at a close location or did it come into your yard by truck?

Comment

I could care less about the Hut's, thats a different world. My beef is that all farmers in North America are getting screwed big time here thats it. How can someone ship fert half way aroung the globe for about 1/2 than what we pay here and it is produced here - something is drasticaly wrong. Good on the Hut's, but it should at least raise your eyebrows. We are going to sit and wait right wrong or indifferent - we have been getting fed a line of B/S for too long.

Comment

Which is why free trade and competition are so important. That's what keeps everybody honest. We need to make it even easier for fertilizer producers around the world to ship into North America.

Comment

i wonder if any quality control will be done at the unload at the port? it isn't really like the chinese to be out undercutting others with the same quality. if it seems to good to be true..... on the other hand maybe they just want to help out canadian farmers.

Comment

I think they just want to sell into a massively overinflated market, kinda like HRSW in the U.S. last March. I bet most everyone in Western Canada would have liked to sell wheat for $20 /bus if we could have, no?

Comment

CNBC talking heads mentioned UREA down in price this week due to lack of demand.

Comment

Last i heard, China had an export tax on fertilizer products that was hovering the 200% mark. Why would they sell into north america for $700/MT??? When is this product supposed to be here?

Comment

Boarder bloke I got it delivered to the yard for an extra $10 a tonne which is reasonable, or I could have picked it up in Moose Jaw.

Comment

j_w, good deal.

Comment

last I heard - 150,000tn of 48-0-0 was brokered through MNP delivered to western Canadian Hutterite colonies for $575/tn from a Chinnies firm. If this true, which would be a good thing, it will leave an extra 150,000 tns available in the western Canadian supplies. Time to sit at the poker table a little longer boys/girls.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...