• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Close to it being over!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom i"m amazed that you are still farming if you can produce just as good a crop using 50% of your normal rate of fertilizer and you still use 100%.

Comment

Dow closed up 1100 points today! Staggering. If there was an index for future taxes, it would be up too. Probably by 1100%.

Comment

I should clarify. That was the Dow Jones December futures index on the CME......

Comment

Stubblejumper;

The obvious answer... is that the response to fertiliser is not related directly to the amount applied... it is: where, when, and how the nutrient is used... that makes yield & market return for the risk of investment and weather.

Things have changed over the past 10 years... on application rates and responses. Zero Till changes much... as does other application technology avaliable at much lower cost... to get the same yield response!

Comment

cotton i don't disagree with your reasoning. as a comment on the globe and mail website today noted, zimbabwe's stock market has these big jumps with every wave of inflation. so far all the money (debt) that has been injected by the govt's has been to reflate the credit markets with limited success. whether they just keep borrowing and printing as time goes on will determine how far the inflation/reflation goes. if they followed jim rogers' prescription of just let it go we would wind up at the same place with less pain. i guess i think the amount of inflation we see will be as much good/bad luck as intelligence/stupidity. as homer simpson says, 'it was stupidity that got us into this and it will be stupidity that gets us out of it.' probably paraphrased there.

Comment

Snappy...

I sure wished you had been right... and I WAS WRONG.

Would have been much easier at Christmas 08... as it is it will be; a big scramble to pay off everything... as everyone wants to delay delay any delivery possible!

I for one am glad the oil guys made some money.(over the past 2 years).. and are spending on projects for 5-10 years out... to meet the need and projected demand that will be the next spike up for oil... after it finishes this cycle!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...