• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our area looks like Sept 20 instead of Oct 20

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our area looks like Sept 20 instead of Oct 20

Harvest started again today with canola at 11.5 and flax close to dry. Oats and HRS still way tough but after two full weeks of sitting every one is getting anxious. We had over 2 inches of rain and close to foot a snow. Most of the smaller guys finished up the day before the rain two weeks ago. Lots have 2 or three quarters this increase to a high of 40 left by one guy. Lots of canola and flax out. Fields are wet so semis are sitting on the road. Hopefully the weather holds. How are the rest doing. This is from East central.

Aren't the papers saying everyone is done?

Seems like 10 - 20% left east of calgary as a guess.

Comment

I don't get it either our genius Terry Bedard seems to think every one is done to. But I know people at assiniboia Weyburn Esterhazy FoamLake Balcarres Swiftcurrent that all have crop out.

Comment

South of Calgary about 10% left as well. Most small guys done. Outstanding crops like that take a little longer to harvest!

Comment

Just buy another combine Saskfarmer3. Clearly you dont have enough equipment to cover your land base. Your the first Ive heard that has anything left out there. Where do you farm? Laronge?

Comment

I would agree.

2 9660's on 7500 acres is to much.

Comment

Armchair Quarterbacks!! How come there is always those people that know so much as to make commets like these. If a he would be finished you'd say he just got lucky. SF3 goodluck in getting done and have a safe harvest.

Comment

Maybe some need to get in their vehicles and drive around a bit, there are lots of fields scatterred throughout many areas. A few days ago I met a guy at the P.A. JD dealer getting parts and told me he had 3500 acres to go yet. That early froze canola just wouldn't mature. The dealer told me also quite a few with a thousand or so acres, that was 4 days ago. As far as this huge canola crop it's plain bullshit there is a decent crop but not anywhere near the numbers the guys who want to screw us over are saying.

Comment

MBRAT, are u serious? Can you not read the other posts? There are still combines rolling here, mostly small guys with old equipment and a few very large opperators. One fella has 20 combines rollin, "60" 1/4's to go as of last week - now thats too much. What S/F is doin is just fine, two class 7's would make a huge difference though.

Comment

Boys yes we should have 3 and that's proubly going to happen because the rental cost is huge for break down on one 9660 (yea it just got fixed saturday 6 weeks down) the other thing to the two critics its still a family farm two close to 50 year and a 80. 3 of us no workers. Also drive around this crop isn't finished yet

Comment

Plain and simple. You get the iron you need to cover your acres.

If your trying to do to many acres with one machine, your going to be taking alot of feedgrains.(and that makes sense??)

You can seed 150acres/ft of drill, if you want to seed every year until middle of June. God gives us 3 weeks to get it in and 3 weeks to get it off.....And you have to adjust accordingly.

Just one other note. Have a neighbor cropping 22000 acres, he is done. They get custom combiners in and are done. Have another neighbor with 20000 acres trying to do it with 4 9870's(because you know the dealer tells you these machines can do 5000 acres each). These guys are sitting with 8000 acres left. The first guy has all malt barley #1 wheat, and the second as 2500 acres off feed barley left, 1000 acres wheat, and the rest canola.

So who's the smart farmer??

It's not hard to see why some farms aren't making profit.

skhadenough, the western canola crop is huge!!

Anyone thinking fundamentals matter right now is nuts!!

Comment

Plain and simple. You get the iron you need to cover your acres.

If your trying to do to many acres with one machine, your going to be taking alot of feedgrains.(and that makes sense??)

You can seed 150acres/ft of drill, if you want to seed every year until middle of June. God gives us 3 weeks to get it in and 3 weeks to get it off.....And you have to adjust accordingly.

Just one other note. Have a neighbor cropping 22000 acres, he is done. They get custom combiners in and are done. Have another neighbor with 20000 acres trying to do it with 4 9870's(because you know the dealer tells you these machines can do 5000 acres each). These guys are sitting with 8000 acres left. The first guy has all malt barley #1 wheat, and the second as 2500 acres off feed barley left, 1000 acres wheat, and the rest canola.

So who's the smart farmer??

It's not hard to see why some farms aren't making profit.

skhadenough, the western canola crop is huge!!

Anyone thinking fundamentals matter right now is nuts!!

Comment

I usually seem to get better yields farming the neighbors fields freom the road than he does doing it.

Comment

wow what a soaker this morning.
                            May have seen that guy by P.A. on Saturday going with 5 or 6 combines.

Comment

A freind told me who Saskfarmer3 was so I was just poking a little fun at him... Ive seen a lot of crop come off after the end of Oct, hopefully for their sake we get a good run of weather.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...