• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAD @ 77

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAD @ 77

anybody taking a position yet? How low can it go before it bounds back. Are people thinking options or ETFs. 79.5c calls just over .02 for Jan.

who would of thought that one year ago we would be looking at a 77 cent dollar after a buck something last yr.

Could it have something to do with the vanishing surplus? Can you spell DEFICIT! Why do you think we had an election for no reason?

Comment

Dollar is soon going up, IMHO

Comment

Agstarr
        I'm no expert on these matters but I don't think the low dollar has the slightest thing to do with the possibility of a deficit. If that were the case the US dollar wouldn't be worth toilet paper.
        I think it's got everything to do with the world's perception of value. People are flocking to the US dollar because it is veiwed as solid value in these troubled times. This is quite an irony since the US economy is a basket case but thats the way it is.

Comment

AS,

In a difficult world economy, what do you suppose is better for Canada, a dollar at par or a dollar at 77 ?

Are you screaming at Ontario for running $500 million into deficit?

I think we had an election to kick the liberals in the nads. I believe it worked very well.

That green shaft would really feel good right about now hey as?

I am much happier that we spent the money now to show how ridiculous they are as opposed to 2009.

Screw the cwb.

Comment

Or is it possible that so many people were so short the US dollar and long every other currency, that the unwinding process is causing this fluctuation.

Or are middle east oil barons trying to destroy the US economy by inflating the greenback? Hmm.

Comment

on bnn they said strength in the usd was partially due to americans repatriating holdings from other countries so they had to convert to american as they brought it home. people having to cover losses in hedge funds, etc. were selling overseas assets.

Comment

The strengthening U.S. dollar is temporary. The way the Fed is printing new dollars and/or manufacturing credit out of thin air, it's only a matter of time until the Greenback tanks.

As all this new money works its way into the financial system, it will start inflating the price of commodities like oil, which will in turn boost the value of the CAD.

I suspect the CAD will be more than par by spring. The slide has probably stopped for now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...