• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Courses

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing Courses

Some on this site have expressed interest in the past in our marketing workshops. FarmLink will be putting on a string of them this winter across western Canada. Dates and locations are on our web site.

www.farmlinksolutions.ca

(This information is being provided in response to past inquiries on this forum and is not intended as an 'advertisement.')

Yes that was me. I've actually already been emailling Mark about them. Thanks for remembering.

Comment

Thanks for posting. It is a time that farmers need to improve their skills in this area.

Volatility is a new fact of life. Focus on profit and risk management will be critical for a farm to survive with any amount of debt load/rented land. Understanding the pricing tools that are available to farm managers and knowing when to use will likely be the difference between success and failure in a business.

As an aside, I am working on a feed grain project. Price (either forward contracted or spot) is the main point of contact between the livestock industry (buyer) and the grain one (seller). Looking at alternatives to improve the current system and provide better risk management products/ability to use.

Comment

So Charlie, who if anyone is going to be holding any through alberta agriculture? Now that both Lee and Neil have retired, is there anyone left there to handle these things?

Comment

I know that Neil and Lee are offering some courses in their new world. email me and I can put you in contact (charlie.pearson@gov.ab.ca). I talked to Paul Cassidy and it sounds like he may be doing some as well - no details. If you live in the Peace River region, Dave Wong is still in Grande Prairie (still ARD).

Outside Dave, ARD is out of these courses short term although there is still a recognition of need.

Comment

Charlie,

How is 'wisdom' taught?

The school of 'hard knocks' is best teacher.

Volitility and credit contraction are both square in our faces... HUGE costs that change everything from 5 years ago.

Banks want us on cash... smart money keeps things cash...tight and close.

Risk management is as usual... the risk being mitigated... can cause/cost a bigger risk/expense than the original problem.

Those who figure this one out... pass GO and collect $200!

Never has our business ever looked so much like a monopoly board game!

Comment

Farmers who pay for this course = suckers.

Comment

How many of you get a kick out of posters who think using slogans is an indication of intelligence?

Grainbeetle, where do you get market information, analysis, and professional application to your business? Is it worth what you pay for it?

Comment

Second chance GrainBeetle: identify yourself in a personal email to me, brenda@farmlinksolutions.ca, and I'll pay your registration for this course. After that, if you learnt anything, you can pay me back.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...