• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are anyone's crops above last years stubble?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are anyone's crops above last years stubble?

If my crops ever do get over top of last years stubble it will not be by very much. Looks like there will be alot of knee high crops this year.

Not hard to do, as I had minimal stubble last year. 2 dry years in a row is hard to take.

Comment

Have 300 acres of fall rye that is fully headed and 75% flowered . It is taller than the canola stubble but isn't wonderful (about 3'). The perfect conditions it had last fall and how well it established and overwintered I should be expecting 50 bpa. After this springs frost and lack of moisture it will be amazing if it makes 30. A couple cow guys are eying it up for silage/bales or even grazing.
      Without a good soaking rain I could have it combined by the 20th of July !!!
      With the $$$ for hay and old bales i have been told it could be worth $200-$250/acre standing.

Comment

Peas are 8 inches high and just about ready to reach out and grab the neighbouring rows.

Comment

Not even close, although we have recovered from the frost, plants are getting drought stressed now. Need rain 12 hrs ago. Time to go back to church I guess. Rains are falling west of us, going south to north over the past five days, sawfly's area - Unity (macklin up through maidstone to turtleford).

Comment

My hay is about 3 to 4 inches high and will head out soon. The hay fields look much like they did after last fall's harvest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...