• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Wheat PRO's

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Wheat PRO's

It is sad but we are going to dump #1 winter wheat into the feed market b/c there is no diff in price at this time. Also after a short chat with the local board wiz there will be very little movement at all this year through the cwb. So for about the same $ as the current PRO we will dump 100% as feed, get bin space and cash out. Puck me does that make sense?

Anyone reading this out side western Canada must really think we are stupid or totally back wood farmers.

Comment

not only feed price, but even at feed price, still slow or little movement! it makes one physically ill.

Comment

Is't it so nice we have a 1000 people selling for us in winnipeg and they cannot even market a little winter wheat!!!!! It is too bad that we are held hostage by a bunch of idiots... USDA is projecting a farm gate price of over 4 dollars US for the American farmer but we have to settle for under 3 dollars US . Just can't wait till Mister Hill realizes what a stupid ,and backwards thing this CWB has become..... In his letter he is more concerned about hiring lawyers than marketers.....

Comment

When there seems to be a surplus of lower grade wheats the board's strategy is to just remove itself from the market place. Message is if you cannot produce high protein #1 HRS wheat you are second class. So much for the areas that can excel at growing winter wheat and CPS. The board has been encouraged to make early winter wheat sales and get movement in place when logistics dictate it to be both an advantage to producers and the grain handling system. Their response has been to have early calls and then no shipment which ties up elevator space and creates issues for elevator managers.This has encouraged producers to look for other markets such as feed or ethanol. Simple message is if you can't do the job then step aside and let someone else do it. Problem has been that the message continues to fall on deaf ears.

Comment

Is the shine off growing winter wheat thanks in part to what the CWB has done and the removal of KVD. The futures show about a 10 cent per bushel spread between the Dec month in Minneapolis hard wheat and Kansas Winter wheat. If you check the difference in CWB pricing - the basis there is roughly a 60 cent difference today -Dec. With KVD now not an issue with hard wheat classes I am finding that some of the newer American wheat varieties also some Canadian are producing yields very close to winter wheat. Newer varieties will be coming Thanks to the basis and pricing out there it is not as enticing as it once was to grow winter wheat. I have been growing winter wheat for over a dozen years. I am not seeding any this year. I am also noticing a lot of my neighbours cutting back big time this fall. We all have land ready to go. I have no desire to give the board an extra $35-$40/acre and earlier in the year close to $80. For what. There has always been a spread but never this big. Earlier in the year when we could have priced some product with futures much stronger we had winter wheat basis over a buck a bushel higher than hard wheat. Almost seems they are trying to claw back their losses from last year on the backs of the winter wheat producers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...