• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STATSCAN SHOULD RE-SURVEY NOW. WE SHOULD'NT HAVE TO WAIT TILL AUG.20

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATSCAN SHOULD RE-SURVEY NOW. WE SHOULD'NT HAVE TO WAIT TILL AUG.20

The market around the world relies on statscan for fairly accurate numbers for price discovery.The timing of the survey may 25-28 for seeded acres is not close to being accurate.We should not have to wait till Aug.20 for what we know right now and the market will not react till Aug.20.What do we have to do to get statscan to re-survey now? Charlie or anybody have any suggestions?

I agree 100%. They now know the seeded acres from crop ins.

Comment

Say it slowly.

Summer holidays.

Government people including politicians don't give a shit about what is going on down at the farm until election time.

The conservatives, if they don't get their shit together, might have trouble depending on the farmers for their support.

Comment

The regular survey process will occur 3 to 4 weeks from now anyway for
        release August 20 - not likely StatCan will deviate from their schedule. Some
        of the correction in acreage will show up as lower than normal harvested acres
        versus seeded. We will have to see how StatsCan deals with unseeded acres.

Comment

Come on, who in the hell tells stat Canada the real numbers, be it seeded acres or production numbers.

Crop insurance are most likely true numbers.

I usually hang up on stat Canada. They do threaten jail time when they call back. Always tell them 3 squares a day plus a roof over my head for 3 months does not sound all that bad.

Comment

I agree because the market is not really on to whats happening out their. Yea right those vultures no their is going to be one small crop why else every day are we getting bombarded to liquidate oats canola flax peas barley etc. They know it and are trying to steal every single kernel before Aug 20th report. Then by Aug when the report comes out and oh my god wow only that much was seeded they drop back their prices because they successfully took the farmers grain and filled their short term needs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...