• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me some thing I don't know!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me some thing I don't know!!

I was allowed by the CWB to deliver some of last years durum today. oh joy of joys!!!!
    This was durum that I seeded based an the "best" advice of our "World class marketers" at the CWB.
    PRO 2009-10 April 23, 2009
    2 CWAD 11.5 269.00 7.32 and after I deduct fright and elevation of $1.61 I could expect $5.71
    To be "fair" I could have used the FPC one week in January and locked in $5.75 but still be tied into their delivery calls.

Today the fine folks at 423 Main figure they can get
    PRO 2010-11 July 22, 2010
    2 CWAD 11.5 192.00 5.23 -$1.48 = $3.75 and yes I get to wait two Christmases for all that cash.

Feed price in town for durum today was $3.80
    What to do? Where are prices likely to end up?
    As I understand it the Feds and the CWB set the initials. Yet the CWB gets to set the PRO all on their own.

What good are the PRO's as a risk management tool?

Maybe one of the fellows running for director this fall might answer the question?

Ya your absolutely right. The pro for 08-09 crop year was way out to lunch and consequently suck alot of durum growers into producing a crop the world really didn't need.
    Anybody know a good lawyer? With last years durum catastrophe,and this will continue into this year, along with wheat growers in western Canada receiving substantial less than wheat growers in this country and around the world.
    I've been contemplating this for awhile. And its just food for thought. I think wheat growers in western Canada deserve so much more when it comes to selling their wheat that I think a group of us should file a level of service complaint.
    The defendants would include the cwb, the eight potato-head directors that continue to think its ok for western wheat growers to continue to lose thousand of dollars,if not tens of thousands of dollars on their farms when marketing their wheat each and every year is some how acceptable. Somehow I feel the present conservative government should be included. They also should be held accountable for their dismal performance on this cwb issue and their continuance of letting this crime be perpetrated.
    I know its been a difficult spring and summer,and maybe I've had to much time on my hands... Any ideas or takers?

Comment

What idiot would expect to deliver all their durum when there was an 80% acceptance the year before.

Comment

WOW stubble great drive by.

I'll go through my thought pattern and show you.
        From the Feb PRO
        when I was planning for the upcoming year.
        2 CWAD 11.5
        Feb 08 PRO 454.00 12.36
        Feb 09 PRO 287.00 7.81
        When it was seeded I did not know that they were only taking 80% because previous to that the world was crying for durum( anyone remember $20.00 spot prices?) We had the buyers "over a barrel" (Fitzhenry winter 08)
        BTW Where is she now? google can't find her.
        And then last year we had a monster crop in Canada and on our farm.

BTW 0 Zero acres seeded this year. Why add to the problem?

Comment

Link below is where I get the info when reference or chart. Not sure the specific grade/protein, but durum (DWI) showing 458 and spring wheat 581(HRSI). Guess that's 1.23 discount

http://www.mgex.com/live_quotes.cfm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...