• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is CWB 'duty of care'?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is CWB 'duty of care'?

Charlie,

I was trying to figure out what duty of care the CWB has to grain growers in the 'designated area'.

What does the CWB's - "and other producers as appropriate, its customers' and the public's interests." mean in common plain language to the CWB?

Background:
    [CWB Directors] “Code of Ethics (http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/about/people/board/)
    I. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
    A. The purpose of this document is to establish standards of conduct expected and required of all Directors of the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB). The objective is to enable the CWB to effectively achieve its mission by maintaining a reputation for the highest standard of public trust and confidence in serving western Canadian wheat and barley farmers and other producers as appropriate, its customers' and the public's interests."

I often pondered this thought as well.If someone who has a job,{be it being hired,elected or voluteering}you must by law show DUE DILLEGENCE when performing that job.Of course with the CWB's very poor performance of selling our grain in 2009-2010 and previous years--we should take them to court.The problem is,to prove it.Its a dam shame.

Comment

I will leave the discussion alone other than to note you are referring to the B. of D. code of conduct. This is not a CWB document as such but rather a set of principles agreed to by the board of directors and outlined in print so their performance can be judged. It is something the new b. of d. will be asked to commit too in their term of office.

Good, bad or indifferent? Your call. Interpretation? Again, something for the stakeholders (not me) to judge.

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/about/people/board/#code"]CWB B. of D.[/URL]

Comment

tom I for one am not surprised you don't get it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...