• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you guys really don't like the wheat borad that much???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you guys really don't like the wheat borad that much???

Why don't you organize and ship else where?

Please explain?

Comment

dschill,

Get them to stop telling us false info... and stealing our money and padding the pooling accounts.

This is not an emotional block...

For a commercial grower... it is the fact that the monkeys are running our marketers... and have not a clue how to effectively manage our assets... that we must entrust to these folks that do not have any experience at building assets for which they have been responsible for... that have been entrusted to them.

How much asset building did Chair OBERG do on the board of directors of AWP and Agricore United????

What has Rod Flaman done... that would lead anyone to the understanding that he understands financial management?

Stewart Wells has built the NFU into a powerhouse that has a strong influence... on who?

What has ward w done but make blunder after blunder... and he has been in charge for how many years?

dschill... this is not a hate/love thing... we NEED these people to wake up and start working FOR 'designated area' grain growers!

Why do you not get it?

The CWB has a $30/t lower cost base to west coast ports... and should be able to beat the US system... cash to cash... any day of the week... with the quality we can grow!

Why do you not get it???

Comment

Dschill
        I'm with Francisco. What's your idea? Let's hear it.

Comment

Because farmers who desire freedom to market their own grain desire to not sit in a jail cell away from their families.

They also have no faith that the current government in Ottawa would do anything different for them than the last one did who put people in those jail cells.

The conservatives won't stand up against the RCMP who lay charges against a farmer protecting his family and property, why would they stand up for a simple farmer who doesn't believe in the wheat board?

Comment

Why do I NOT get it???

We the farmers of Ontario organized and rallied, demanded change with just cause and plausible evidence. It was reviewed and changed...We now have dual marketing system where we are NOT bound by the board and their decisions. We can sell to whom-ever/whenever we want whether domestic or export, yes export. The millers now must anti-up to real market values and bid for the grain, instead of sucking the pools dry at their leisure, while the farmers received the lowest prices for wheat at times in North America... Their are still many farmers whom still rely on POOL system as they may not have the knowledge, volumes or marketing experience to justify trying their own marketing. Now that we have accountability of sorts because of dual marketing system, the board has performed much better and can at times out-bid competitors for the product...or pools outperforming cash contracts... The board has become a true trading/merchandising house with one thing in mind....PROFITABILITY. This change of STAFF, MENTALITY and VISION at the Ontario Wheat Board has strengthened and expanded the Ontario wheat industry exponentially.

TOM4CWB I do get it, I'm not ignorant of your situation. I'm not advocating NFU or any other type of radical change within the farming social network. I'm wondering what the title of the blog asks. I believe if their is really such an injustice, "WHICH I DO" that enough farmers will get fed up "WHICH THEY WILL" that they will drag their MP's and communities on buses/planes/trains and make their way to Ottawa and demand change. Thats what we did.....Not to mention had great, outspoken farmer/directors board with a vision for the future and younger generations.
            I understand your issues with logistics are far more dynamic and the strangle hold CN has over grain company's and farmers must be eronious. But "I'M" of the opinion....Let the market figure it-self out. Other grain company's would be tickled to work outside the board, and have the ability to arbitrage their freight and grain better....Theirs too much $$$ on the table. YOU know that better than anybody!

Comment

Silverback,

It is not the place of any MP or even the PM... to tell judges or law enforcement what to do. ONLY the law can do this. It is our responsibility to change the law... and the minority parliament is the problem... not the Conservative Party of Canada... when the CWB is concerned!

Comment

dschill,

How do we stop the Bloc from taking our property rights away... when they have NO responsibility or ethical motivation but to try and make us western grain growers angry...

Shucks... we are a world away... and they could care less about anything we need... as long as they can black mail us into making the transfer payments to feather their nests in Quebec!.

We need our grain growing brothers in Ontario to give us a hand... against this evil stupidity!!!

Comment

Dave, reality is that, for all the complaining about
                  the CWB, most prairie grain farmers don't have the
                  backbone to actually do anything constructive
                  about it (with a few lonely exceptions). Point out
                  that Ontario farmers actually stood up and told the
                  wheat board here to shove it and GOT THINGS
                  DONE and they nod, and go back to whining for
                  somebody ELSE to do the work to free them from
                  the CWB.

Truth is, the whole myth about the independent
                  westerner is just that, a myth.

Comment

TOM4CWB I live and farm 15 mins from the QUEBEC border. Trust me, the discontent you feel I see everyday. The legalization of corruption is unbelievable. Get this, the Quebec farmers voted in-favor-of and developed their own "Quebec Wheat Board" because of politically meandering of their own UNION to better meet the needs of the wheat farmers enrolled in ASRA. I could tell you stories all day of the corruption right at the farm gate, because of Quebecs farm support policy and and the UNIONS sucking of the top. Is a story right from John Grisham.

Comment

Tom I completely disagree on the cwb front. They have ignored this issue as much as humanly possible. I don't care anymore if it is a minority situation. At some point you have to stand up for what is right and say it. Or they have to find a way to give us the freedom we deserve.

Tell me why Mr. Ritz cannot order the board to give out cost free export permits?

I have never heard one real reason that cannot be done.

Comment

Dale,

Thanks.. I think... but being shot at by Feds with all the guns... is no fun... we spent millions in court... to have eastern Canadian Judges and Goodale sell out to the liberal mafia.

Some do not think it worth the risk...or the fight... for freedom.

Glad you had the backbone to stand up and be counted... it was a great day in Canada for freedom... when Ontario wheat growers shed the chains of indifference and Eugene Whalan's tyrannical legacy.

Bless you and Cheers!

Comment

Silverback,

You are frustrated. I understand. A Cabinet Minster must vet all actions through the Justice Dept. We know any action you prescribe would bring court action by the CWB.

Uncertainty to have multiple rulings against your solution by judges who have ruled against your request many times.

Comment

I think you've been one of the lonely ones Tom.
                            Somehow I doubt they'll name one of their ships after
                            you.

Comment

Tom, Don't take me wrong. I'm just asking here.

Do you think things would turn out different today under this gov't?

Was it poor timing given the politics at that time?

Will it be tried again using what you have learnt?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...