• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

democracy at it's finest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

democracy at it's finest

I was looking at stats canada production report and decided to do a few calculations. Here are the percentages of the total for western Canada that apply to each province in both acreage and tonnes produced.
    Spring wheat (acres) Manitoba 12.8%
    Saskatchewan 48.18% Alberta 39.1%
    Barley (acres) Manitoba 5.65 % Saskatchewan 36.16% Alberta 58.19% Done on a per tonne basis
    Spring Wheat(tonnes) Manitoba 10.77% Saskatchewan 43.79% Alberta 45.44% barley(tonnes) Manitoba 3.6% Saskatchewan 33.64 % Alberta 62.76%
    If we now look at wheat board districts we can see that Manitoba has basically 2 districts, Saskatchewan 5 and Alberta 3 . I classed the 2 districts crossing borders as a half each. I will leave you to do the rest of the math. Reality comes as no surprise. If districts were based on an acre of production or a tonne produced we would see a much different outcome.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...