• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Pulse Grower Election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pulse grower story and my Sask RM council concerns appear to be examples of exactly the same root evils.

I know exactly what I'm talking about concerning the RM politics. I've attended every open council meeting for over a full year with a 100% attendance record. And in my opinion I can not see how the many examples of poor governance can be condoned by any reasoable person. But I understand it is most likely because of lack of applying the resources needed to inform oneself.

I also paid several hundred dollars of pulse levies last year. And I am sorry to say I'm 100% ignorant of what has gone on in past elections; board decisions in the spending of that money; who any one of the board directors are; nor have I any clear knowledge of where any particular board member fits into the pulse growers agenda.
    Now I have a greater sympathy of how any person can follow the business that hundreds of remote RM's conduct; or dozens of organizations I partially fund.

However the big picture is that if all persons have a confidence that pulse grower (for example) and RM business is conducted by honorable individuals; who are aware of potential and perceived conflicts of interests (and handle them appropriately); and that those seeking elections have a driving interest in fairly and equitably serving those that provide the funding through levies and taxation; then thats as good as it can get.
    However if there is no accountability; and no one ever resigns; and it sure looks like there is favoritism and self interests being served

then thats about as bad as it could possibly get.

And time to start over no matter what any temporary hardship.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...