• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I'm going to say it! "F R O S T"!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya gotta love lefty. He played lights out on a tough
    course. Even tougher when greens are hard as
    blacktop. How short of rain is your area Hedge?

Comment

Wasnt the forecast for hot and dry summer?
      Oops again.

Comment

Enviro Can yes , Drew Learner no - enough said.....
        Late crop , east side of the Western Praries "posible" trouble... he said it in Feb. Yes some in this area will be in trouble as well but his word is 90% - enviro Can 10% - just sayin..
        But then again , "back in 2005 we seeded June 15th and still got #1 , 40 bus"... whatever.. Law of average - go to Vegas, ocasionaly you are gona get lucky or burnt. 2004 was the last "earlier" than normal frost, not even close since then. Kinda like the loss in the grain markets the past 3 months - who woulda thunk after 3 years of higher than normal grain / oilseed prices that things would correct - huh.
        Time is not on the side of land prices either BTW.
        And I know that alot of areas were too wet for early seeding, but the writing was on the wall if you spent the winter here.
        Why is this a possible suprise to anyone??? No diferant than a possible late heat damage to the American Corn crop, realy ?? 50% of that corn crop was seeded late !! Hello ... No ones falt but mother nature doing her thing, thats life. Open your eyes to the world around you ..

Comment

we are on about a 5 inch deficit, cereals on sand now gone, clay holding on .fields all colours.
          normally 15 inches in growing season, i dont think we have had 5.

Comment

A normal "FROST" will affect, effect - whatever, many farms - for sure.
            But it was either bad luck or complete mis-management that will be effected, end of story.
            Regardless, if you were still seeding in June you are fuked north of hwy #1, IMO - this year.

Comment

Canola that's just starting to bloom today me don't thinks will make it. End of story!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...