• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok Stephen Replace Ritz he's a Idiot!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard5

That's a good burn.

Even SF3 has to admit that is funny.

Comment

Good one Richard just like any liberal senator!!!!!!!!!!! ah lets smoke some weed with Justin.

Listen to Ritz yesterday I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from his tone.
      Something smells funny.

Comment

On the topic of shipping south, there are some smart guys here in this province who looked at doing this in the 80's. Rail to Mississippi, and barge out. I realize this year is booked thru locals, but we have a capacity year ahead of us, and possibly after that, and anyone who thinks there will be less oil on rails is out to lunch. We need to talk and bitch about this because the alternative will get us nothing. One of the smart guys was Grant Devine, I'll bet he still has the work plans done on this.

Comment

Bottom line :

Talking and meeting are not solving the problem.

Ritz single handedly created this problem by praising the railways in November, while he had the numbers to prove the railways were behind.

He is going to talk this into another crisis.

Might be a nice guy and listerning to open market advocate groups, but this is way past that discussion now.

He has to wake up to the complexity , and reality of this situation.

I think this is way past his competency level as a minister.

No one stands by and talks about this for that long without either gaining the enormity of the situation and at least starts with some short term action to alleviate part of the problem.

He has done nothing but comb his mustache.

Comment

Ya graincos and RR are making out like bandits. But you know who else doesn't want the oil trains to stop? I'd say governments too! By far the majority of oil produced is from crown land! If the oil from producing wells can't be moved, they'll be shut-in, hence NO royalties! That will also slow and reduce the land lease sales, which is also money for government coffers. Perhaps the reason we're having all the delays and "studies", no one is really on our side. We're disposible, yet we'll still vote.

Comment

RD414 the cwb did lots of work on this
              but those files were probably destroyed
              by Ritz.

Comment

Sorry but I couldn't resist that one.

I agree Mr Christy didn't make anything
                valid in his speech yesterday

Remember he is only a pawn in the chess
                match, maybe not the best player,
                however I really wonder if anyone else
                would do much better.

Even if huge changes were made, someone
                along the way licks their chops and
                tries to grab a share of the profits.

I'm not saying in any way do nothing,
                however we can make money in many
                different ways.

To each their own, seems to be working
                for me

Comment

Cotton, I think you hit the nail on the head! Ritzs tone shows that he really doesn't care for farmers all that much he thinks we have it pretty good and just do allot of complaining for nothing.

He was quoted in the WP awhile back something to the effect of "I brought farmers out of their mailboxes into the market" No what you did Ritz was remove the CWB which any idiot with a majority could have done and gut agristability so good farmers now have the same margin as shitty farmers and will never collect anything out of the program.

I 100 percent agree with Saskfarmer on this one Ritz needs to go his attitude sucks and he is clearly not working in the interests of Western Canadian farmers.

Comment

How are grain cos making money? Shipping grain
                    is how they make money. Forget the basis. Drop
                    it, stop talking about it. Basis is a signal to sell.
                    They can't take your grain cause they can't move
                    it. So the only way to discourage us from selling is
                    to widen basis. Simple concept for most people
                    who step back and realize there will be 25 million
                    tones of this crop that can't move to any market

Comment

Just because graincos aren't elevating grain, doesn't mean they've stopped offering future delivery contracts. The basis is wide as far as you can see.
                      Oh ya, your one of those coffee shop guys that took out basis contracts for 100% of your 2014 production, and I bet you did it 16 months ago. Where do you think all that extra basis and dollar exchange is going? Not to you my friend, just how long will you store your crops 2013 and 2014 maybe 2015. The oil will still be flowing into railcars even then, think the basis will improve? A new pipeline won't bring relief for five years!

Comment

NEXT Election anyone who just HAS to vote for Ritz (or any con politician)no matter what remember this:

INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over and EXPECTING a different result

Comment

Who the **** here ever farmed their mailboxes---
                          what an idiot. I would have gotten out of this years
                          ago if that's what I had to rely on.

Them bastards had an adgenda and never put any
                          thought into the conequences of it. Now its
                          reactive instead of proactive. Funny how some
                          wanted government out of their business and now
                          are asking for help with the matter. Ironic.

Comment

Every day at the Local Cargill or Pioneer farmers are coming in asking price of canola and selling a little and they are taking that. Little by little fill boats with under nine canola and wheat below 5 and presto when finally get it to coast sell for 12 and 10 and who makes the profit here. Follow the money.

Comment

Their not complaining so follow the money.
                              Ritz comments yesterday and his tone just piss me off. Mail box farmers that's a great one. Its like the frost years "lets wait and see how bad it actually froze" Nothing in the head just like the politician, Farmers can see this but no one else.
                              STUDY STUDY STUDY TALK TALK TALK Wait and hope it goes away. unfortunately with oil being king for both Govt coffers and Railways and the Grain are slowing down and using basis to make huge profits. Life is great for every one except the farmers.

Comment

Pipelines are like computers. They are obsolete the day you purchase them. Or in the case of pipeline capacity they are full, and always one or two lines behind available production. Shipping oil by rail will not get better until peak oil actually does arrive. A new pipeline won't bring relief PERIOD.

Ajl is absolutely correct with his assessment. I, for one, will remain patient, and store this valuable crap until those solutions kick in. It will be sooner than most believe.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...