• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Wheat in Northern Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have to copy and paste each item seperatly.

To achieve this we were traveling between 10 and 11 kph, I think its important to point out that this was in well ripe clare and very easy to thrash and the weather conditions were perfect, its fair to say the average of the season has been nearer 50 tph than 60, we encounterd no sieve losses at all nor have since owning a 480

Comment

More facts
      THE harvest throughput record has been broken for the second time in just over a week.

Nottinghamshire contractor Farmeco set the new unofficial record on Friday (22 August) by clearing over 1000 tonnes in under 16 hours.

The company's Claas Lexion 580, fitted with a 7.5m (25ft) cutterbar, cleared 104.7ha of Claire with a combine throughput of up to 94 t/hour and a forward speed of up to 11km/h.

"The weather conditions were perfect and the crop thrashed particularly well," said Keith Challon of Bingham-based Farmeco.

The marathon harvesting session started at 7:00 am and beats the previous 1000t record, set by Wiltshire grower David White on Thursday (14 August), by over five hours.

But Mr Challon said he was held back by a relatively low-yielding crop and the combine was chopping the straw.

"I know we can improve on this and hopefully break the 100t/hr barrier," he said.

"We will definitely be back next year with a wider 9m header in hopefully a higher-yielding crop

Comment

Lee
        I agree the logistics of hauling and storing grain at that rate scares me. Cant find any info on how it was done.
        Was the unloading auger permanently on?
        Did they need two chaser bins and a fleet of lorries?
        Not sure our combine unloading auger does 100 tons/hr
        More like 60. A tonne a minuite.
        Mind boggleing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...