• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest and Wet Weather!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree free mud is not fun! Wish some one would have my rain luck just for even 5 years of shit from spring till sledding season!

Comment

You are right Free..everyone should have a mud bowl of a harvest, then a much drier yr would be a blessing..not curse..

Either way..dry or mud..we all collect crop insurance, just way easier not getting stuck, and wrecking stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

Either way..dry or mud..we all collect crop insurance, just way easier not getting stuck, and wrecking stuff..
        I guess that's the difference - if you're a cattle guy in a drought you either sell the factory or buy uneconomically priced feed until the next growing season commences.

Comment

Wadena Pioneer has dryer running MOST days of the year, for OATS mainly, late combining in humid heavy straw.
          We set up and USE dryer every year, normal for our location. Aeration rarely works in HUMID N of #16,
          only for cooling canola.
          Had a WET Aug one year swathed through water, then all dried out for combining, could happen.

1974 harvest from hell, and SFA yields, first year with a dryer, dried all of a frozen crop.

1986, started swathing Sept 1st, wet humid harvest, no getting stuck, but dried EVERY bushel, wheat, barley and canola. Just never got to dry. Shit has happened, we just for get.

Comment

Since it looks could be a wet harvest. Just wondering what everyone is doing extra to prepare?

Drier/more air bins?

More equipment like extra combine?

Tracks/more tires?

Or just riding it out to see what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
              Since it looks could be a wet harvest. Just wondering what everyone is doing extra to prepare?

Drier/more air bins?

More equipment like extra combine?

Tracks/more tires?

Or just riding it out to see what happens?
              You can't prepare if you have not had decent years for a decade, cuz there is no cash available.

For me, I roll with it. One last time.

Comment

Still decent here but had 1/2" last night. Didn't need it for the crops but the grass isn't doing the August die off. Boy central Alberta has some pockets of flat tangled messes. Wet harvest here generally means spinning out on fields or getting stuck going too close to sloughs. Then poor graded crap in the bottoms and better stuff on the tops. Most part we've been getting decent in time rains but I fear when the wagon races come to Lloydminster is when a monsoon hits. 2004 scenario all over. Successive years of drought, bse, shit prices then a decent year with massive yields only to be punished with a monsoon and frost during wagon week and full blown sclerotinia in the canola.

Comment

Grain drying with existing bin aeration system. Use flameless, breathable, dry heat with a high cfm blower. Units are portable and available for rental or retail. Financing options available to Western Canada. 1-855-350-heat(4328). Ask for GarettClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	765050

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...