• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the rain gonna go?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the rain gonna go?

I think it will stay north of No 1 highway. Just stirring the pot. Anyone have more information or a direct line to Mother Natoor.

Couple of hours of pea combining left, we would have been done if we didn't have to put out smoldering pea dust three times. Twice was my fault because I used only air the first time and spread it...****en stupid, learn from my stupidity people! The next two times were inside the combine....those times it was the water tanks and fire nozzle....DONE! I was thinking....if its just some white smoke...not too bad, if its bellowing black smoke....real trouble and hard to put out, could be hydraulic hoses, rubber, oil, fuel...... the whole experience is a little unnerving. So if it rains a bit at least the peas will be done. Nothing else swathed(iron desiccater, for those who don't know what a swather is) that is susceptible to weathering.

Comment

I think worst would be wires!

Comment

It's going to rain right here apparently. 3 inches worth. Just what we needed....... in June. Might as well flatten the few spots that are still standing.

Comment

Raining here now east of Edmonton. 2016 is the worse weather season I have ever seen and there have been over bad ones. Just can't farm with 20+ inches of rain unless you have tile drainage.

Comment

We're combining lentils, if you can call them that. Last field was pasted to the ground and it took three days to combine 110 acres, but its done. Still getting the bugs out, but hopefully today is the day that all things go right. There was a lot of combining done around Regina 1/2 inch off the ground yesterday with 30 degree help and flat, stone-free fields. Good luck Agrivillers, pick it up, lock it up!

Comment

Last third of the peas are flat as a pancake. Slow going but the Honey bees are doing a real good job.

Again remind me why I grow peas.

Oh yea its the big money you get for them.
              Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Aug 22, 2016, 06:45.

Comment

Looks like most of prairies will get some rain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	765061

Comment

East of Red Deer where I am over an inch in forecast over next 2 days with lots of wind. Not needed the ground is already wet and soft. Started on peas yesterday. Yield appears the same as last 2 years around 60 bpa. Just finished silaging way to ripe as custom cutter was held up with weather. It packed alright will be interesting to see how it turns out. Going to be a long fall. On the plus side cows have lots of pasture.

Comment

SF3,
                    Looks like you're doing an awesome job. Are you using lifters? Does it hang up on the corners? Lots of bunching on the 630's because the vines are sneaking under the dividers.

Comment

No lifters we use the Deere float system and set honey bees and it seems to work!

Comment

Comment

SF3,
                          Next coffee break could you please shoot a picture of the divider straight on facing the combine. Our peas are going under the tip and then plugging on the corner. I'm wondering how yours are dividing. Do you have a tip or old style curved bar?

Comment

it looks like the threat of this one is diminishing in the southern part of Saskie. See you later, say September 30 cause Oct 2, green holidays start. By then hopefully we'll be high and dry. 👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...