• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sasktel loosing money?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Sasktel loosing money?

Its going to get sold off to pay for the freeway and freeride expense stupidity. So we re going to sell
    something off that is making money for all of us, and as much as rural people complain about it which
    mostly is legitimate are we really going to get a deal out in rural remote areas for tel usage? I doubt it in
    fact it appears to me another slap in the face of rural Saskatchewan population.

No company is coming into Saskatchewan to provide rural services and do it affordablity.

Much like the railways when they got rid of the Crow rate nothing ever goes down.

Wall is up against it and selling shit off is his only solution because he hasn't ever ran a business. He was given a job much like an oil worker and liked the gig but never thought outside the box.

Sadly they re-elected him and he didn't have to mention he was in the process of selling the crowns.

Eventually like the potash company he will have to protect it as a strategic resource as a private company.

Then rural people will vote for him.

He is in a pickle and can't think...he has drunks and thieves giving him advice.

Comment

Now he is talking about a referendum.....that's what elections are for....must have been talking to Gerry for advice on that strategy.

Comment

And yes I am in a shit mood because of the rain.

But more so because sasktel won't spend in rural Saskatchewan and neither will other companies.

But they make sure the new stadium has service while people should be watching a game not on their phones.

Comment

The ndp got rid of there in manitoba must been good reason to that? Not sure .technology is changing faster than most people know maybe there something new that may be awsome for sasktel or the death of sasktel.

Comment

Dump it! A true crown owned by the people should operate on a breakeven basis or its just another tax. Also the tech is moving fast, landlines are becoming obsolete and satellite may soon replace cell towers.

Comment

Landlines are as reliable as anything but their drop in usage because of cell phones are making them defunct. Politics aside I can't see how Sasktel makes money. However, in such a large area such as Saskatchewan isn't available communication as essential as electricity and ng? You know full well no one else would want the landlines so really why privatize? They'll fall into neglect. Sooner privatize liquor stores and other inessential crowns. As far as poor cell coverage I don't know the answer. Dad has a cell tower a mile from the main yard and coverage is spotty. Husky looked into puting up towers for communicating with the wells. The company said they needed 50 towers in this hilly area to have reliable coverage. Satellite is where it is if the cost of usage can come down. You can get out anywhere with them but you have to sell your first born to use them.

Comment

I really don't care what happens to Sask Tel. We have no service as it is, despite constant complaints. It can not get worse, that is for sure.

Sask Tel for us is a slap in the face towards rural Saskatchewan.

If there were a referendum, I would vote to sell the stupid thing.

Why don't the Manitobans and Albertans chime in and we can compare current packages and see who is cheaper?

And we have to have a land line, or we would have no phone service at all. A land line is completely relevant to us.

Comment

Oh I can tell you about manitoba. But don't believe me just take a drive around and you ll see the limited amount of cell service.

But remain blind as your sheep free and keep giving your support to the oil puppet no matter how far he has his wang up your ass

who s in charge of Sasktel and who promised rural saskatxhewan all this better service just to get the vote. And did he do it? No you even admit that

But keep coming on here wining about how your not gonna make it farming while free ride and free way keep filling their and their pockets. Because of people without an open mind.

Comment

Riders, chill already. Wow. What warranted that response?

Comment

SaskTel is a state owned enterprise so should be as BigLentil mentioned, a break even enterprise so if they aren't making $ their rates have to be increased or they have to become more efficient and reduce expenses.

If there was a referendum, I would vote to sell the inefficient, unionized dumpster fire and all the pension plans us taxpayers are on the hook for.

I can't imagine coverage in Alberta or Manitoba is any worse.

Comment

Sometimes government jobs can be compared to lucrative welfare for government workers. Government itself is an Industry, only good at recycling old money....doesn't create a lot of new wealth....just redistributes it.

Comment

Yes, I guess ST is losing money in some areas and hosing others to pay for it. Public utilities have their place and that is in providing essential services to all, whether they are going to make money or not. I guess if the citizens feel that it has outlived its useful life, it will be gone. In 2014, net profit was 76 million down from 90 million, going down every year. It gave tons of money to Roughriders and almost every other entertainment venue for a long time. So better the devil you know? Maybe.

Comment

Makes no difference to me. Sell it if they can get a decent price for it. I live 20 minutes from Yorkton and very poor to no cell service and nothing but bullshit stories about when it is going to improve.When 3G is gone which they say will be soon i don't think a lot of rural areas will have any cell service at all. Even in yorkton where they have several towers that are moveable cell service is erratic. Depends on who is bitching they move them around.

Comment

Two funny stories from sasktel.

My neighbors landline was out .... sasktel's solution was for him to use his cellphone....so he asked for service. ....they spent 40 plus thousand running him a new landline instead of investing in a tower.

We are 4 miles from a tower and dropped a couple 911 calls on our cellphones ....sasktel's solution was to get a bagphone.

Meanwhile we go to the city and see sasktel stores and advertising that they really don't need to be spending on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...