• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be careful during this difficult harvest season.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful during this difficult harvest season.

It is heartbreaking to hear of farm accidents.

Make sure you take good care of yourself and workers.

Just a reminder from those who care for you.

Farm accidents are terrible often preventable events and lately the tragedies that touch our friends' lives both north of Regina and near Southey are heart-wrenching. What is going on with all this drunk driving? Man's infatuation with alcohol has created a monster that wrecks millions of families and lives. Some of us get our kicks in other ways like striggling in the mud. The pleasure of growing where a tiny seed no bigger than a speck, in just 60 days or so grows into a gigantic, beautiful plant gives me a high like no other. Let's all keep our eyes on the ball and think before we move, especially if other people or power lines are nearby. 🍀

Comment

I personally know both families affected by the drunk driving fatality. Hell on earth for Kerry's family and more so for Alysha and her two sons. My heart goes out to all party's affected. We were all 19 once and felt invincible.
      Last edited by biglentil; Sep 8, 2016, 15:03.

Comment

Great reminder to be safe.

Climbing ladders on bins, pulling equipment out of mud, cleaning windows on combines/swathers can result in falls, travelling on highways or roads with equipment, power lines.....no shortage of things to be cautious about.

Be safe at all times, it's still early so take a break if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          I personally know both families affected by the drunk driving fatality. Hell on earth for Kerry's family and more so for Alysha and her two sons. My heart goes out to all party's affected. We were all 19 once and felt invincible.
          "Hell on earth for Kerry's family and more so for Alyscia and her 2 sons."

I would say what Kerry's family is going through is a paradise compared to what Alyscia and her boys are dealing with right now. One family was able to hug their son yesterday, while the other continued with funeral plans for a loving father and husband. big lentil you should be ashamed for dismissing the actions of the accused. There's a difference between feeling 19 and invincible and being the person responsible for ruining a family by driving drunk. I would say that is the problem with the mindset here in Saskatchewan. Drunk drivers are protected by the court system as well as the public. Without an attitude adjustment we can expect these types of things to continue and who knows maybe one day biglentil you may have the misfortune of being in either Colby's, Tanner's or Alyscia's shoes. The reality is that if drunk driving stopped we wouldn't see anyone in the shoes of these 3 people.

Comment

Im not dismissing Colby's actions one bit a foolish and terrible decision on his part. We all know he is going to pay dearly, the courts are going to fry him. He is likely facing 10 years in P.A pen. Will a young white boy make it out alive or without contracting HIV? Maybe that would make some people happy?

Colby's Dad is the most safety orientated and anti drunk driving guy I know. He would hand out cab vouchers like bubblegum at every christmas party to absolutely everyone and make it very clear multiple times "Please no drinking and driving". Colby's parents do not deserve what their foolish adult son is putting them through. Kerry will likely step down from his post on his own accord. They would never condone their sons drinking and driving.

There are many victims in this tradgedy seems many want the whole Heid family to fry.

My prayers go out to Alyschia and her two little boys. Its so sad its beyond description.
            Last edited by biglentil; Sep 9, 2016, 08:02.

Comment

They say driving when you are tired is same as drunk driving. How many of us has hit the ditch after falling asleep. I know I have but luck was on my side and a great vehicle under my butt. Some are not so lucky. I am for sure not going to throw the first stone nor the last. This is such a freak accident, but what we can take from this is no drinking and driving and don't stop on shoulder of road and assume people see you. I was coming from Fort Q'Uappelle up 35 highway, a skinny decreppid pile of crap road. RCMP sirens and lights wanted me to pull over. I proceeded to nearest approach and drove into the field and waited for them. They were absolutely furious that I did not stop immediately and block the highway right after a hill. I told them that I thought that is unsafe and they could throw me in the clink if they wanted. They had no reason to stop me at all. People don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                They say driving when you are tired is same as drunk driving. How many of us has hit the ditch after falling asleep. I know I have but luck was on my side and a great vehicle under my butt. Some are not so lucky. I am for sure not going to throw the first stone nor the last. This is such a freak accident, but what we can take from this is no drinking and driving and don't stop on shoulder of road and assume people see you. I was coming from Fort Q'Uappelle up 35 highway, a skinny decreppid pile of crap road. RCMP sirens and lights wanted me to pull over. I proceeded to nearest approach and drove into the field and waited for them. They were absolutely furious that I did not stop immediately and block the highway right after a hill. I told them that I thought that is unsafe and they could throw me in the clink if they wanted. They had no reason to stop me at all. People don't think.
                Sumdumguy, wake up! This was not a freak accident, this was a preventable accident - there is a huge difference between the two. Had the accused not been under the influence while behind the wheel there is a damn good chance Tanner would have been able to tuck his boys in bed that night. Saying that he shouldn't have parked on the dirt shoulder of a dirt trail on the Regina Plains is ludicrous!! I used to put a lot of stock in your posts on this site, however after reading your response you've lost all credibility with me.

As for the Heid family they should be taking some share of responsibility in their son's actions. They are the ones that raised him and they are also the people that are housing him while he awaits trial.

This entire situation sickens me, but maybe it's because I have a wife and 2 young children and couldn't imagine them being left in this type of situation. I don't think anybody needs to fry, but a precedent needs to be set in this case. $1,000 bail is pocket change in a court room, so having that being the maximum for bail for someone responsible for a death is ridiculously soft. Not only that, but this young man walked out of prison before this grieving family was even able to pay their last respects to their father, husband and son. I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, but the consequences to Mr. Heidi's actions seem quite soft. A week ago there aren't many of us that knew who Colby Heid was - after the conversations I've had with people over the last week it's pretty clear he has a reputation that precedes himself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...