• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Frost Coming Tuesday Night

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Frost Coming Tuesday Night

Calling for -3 on Tuesday night in Regina. Looking forward to mother nature's desiccation. Then real harvest can begin. Alot of glypho wasted descicating cereals not to mention bushel weight.
    Last edited by biglentil; Sep 11, 2016, 06:28.

Does that mean I shouldn't spray(desiccate) my already relatively clean flax crop?

Comment

I see Edmonton has great weather coming this week. Get ready Alberta.

Comment

Been staying warm here - couple of 5C coming then back to 10C plus lows.

Comment

Lots of green canola in the Edmonton area if frost tomorrow.

Comment

I would spray, what if the temp is -.5 C for 1 hour?
            Plus weed control etc
            Do the job right

Comment

Bring it on!

We need a Hard frost to change this shit around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5990.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	765082

Comment

A lot of Canola will bite the dust. There's always some reseeded and late-seeded out there. Except for beans, everything else is past the point of freezing. But, what about that down-grading factor called bran frost?

Comment

Can commercial salvage be downgraded any lower?

Last quote I had for my durum was 66 cents a bushel.

That's real money making.

Rotfcmeo. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Can commercial salvage be downgraded any lower?

Last quote I had for my durum was 66 cents a bushel.

That's real money making.

Rotfcmeo. Hahaha.
                    At least you have the option of getting that price where ever you want to sell it.

Comment

I've been on an emotional rollercoaster lately. Environment Canada forecast has been jumping between 0 and -6 for Monday night here, changes with every forecast. Canola is NOT ready. Has hardly progressed since beginning of August, the sun has just never shone. High of 6 for today, that doesn't ripen a crop. With average temps, we would be far beyond worrying about frost today. Would greatly appreciate a frost on the cereals though, too many green heads. Tried standing barley seeded mid April yesterday. 21% nearly as many green kernels as ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        I've been on an emotional rollercoaster lately. Environment Canada forecast has been jumping between 0 and -6 for Monday night here, changes with every forecast. Canola is NOT ready. Has hardly progressed since beginning of August, the sun has just never shone. High of 6 for today, that doesn't ripen a crop. With average temps, we would be far beyond worrying about frost today. Would greatly appreciate a frost on the cereals though, too many green heads. Tried standing barley seeded mid April yesterday. 21% nearly as many green kernels as ripe.
                        My wife says I'm canola bipolar this time of year. I bounce between swath it it's gonna freeze/it's not gonna freeze hard I'll straight cut it a couple times a day. Start swathing the outside rounds and quit after 3 rounds cause its not ready. And check 3 different weather forecasts 5 times a day.

Canola been in the ground 120 days and its maybe 5% colour change, except where it's zero colour change. Hopefully the long cool season is filling pods better but I don't like swathing grass green canola and hoping I don't get red pepper seeds.

Comment

It is normal to get a frost at this time of year, about Sept 15 first ave frost.

Time to swath canola

Comment

Getting too late to wait for straight cutting. Swath it down. Get the canola in the bin in two weeks instead of two more months.

Comment

It can't freeze. No full moon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...