• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWAD Grades

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWAD Grades

Hello Agriville,

I have been reading Agriville Threads for a while now and finally decided to join.

I know CWAD grades this year are less than desirable but how bad are they, is anyone seeing samples of #5 or Commercial Salvage? If so what is the main reason for the poor grades? Fusarium being the most obvious.

Thanks

Yup commercial salvage my whole durum crop.

Great color once you pick out the shit.

1.51 a bushel on Wednesday. ...66 cents a bushel on Friday.
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 11, 2016, 13:58.

Comment

Who is buying this stuff and what do they do with it?

Comment

Probably blended or cleaned up to a three.....

Comment

Bucket, can it be colour sorted to remove the tombstone kernels?

Comment

The vomi levels are most important over the Fuz kernals. Even if you remove the tombstone kernals the vomi levels might be too high for human or animal consumption. Would you eat grain that has poison levels that are too high? Why should we expect the grain companies to buy grain that they cannot sell to anyone else. Thats why the price is so low....

Comment

The spread to better grades isn't there to try upgrading.

Comment

On American side they just look at a beautiful Cdn. sample and sY, " hm, high vomitoxin".

Comment

If I can clean your #5, Commercial salvage, and feed durum into 1s and 2s.... What would you pay me? SuperB load every 12 hours.

I'm not kidding. I'm serious....

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                    If I can clean your #5, Commercial salvage, and feed durum into 1s and 2s.... What would you pay me? SuperB load every 12 hours.

I'm not kidding. I'm serious....
                    Are you cleaning out fusarium kernels?

Comment

I will sell it to you for 5.50 a bushel picked up ....cash.

Comment

What percent good stuff is typically cleaned out Klause, getting say 4% down to just under 2% for a #3.or even to less than 1% I have 175,000bu.that will be roughly 4%. 75% of that is off. Good color and grading factors other than fuzz. Is it a portable unit?

Comment

with that kind of volume you might want to look for a portable seed cleaner, Color sorters are not great in wheat from what i have seen and a sorter would definitely need to be used in conjunction with other machines.

Comment

.5 percent is the limit for 1 and 2 cwad.

Pretty tough to go from commercial salvage to a 1/2cwad.

Comment

No.. talking 5-in-1 followed by a bomill.

We've taken some samples of absolute crap to a lab setup one.

Commercial salvage. Fusarium screenings from a seed cleaner... It's amazing what they can pull out.

No false positives, and you get 100% of fuz, even sort piebald from regular durum kernels.

They aren't super-fast... But a guy only needs to sort say 1/3rd of the crop... and then you have blending power... Especially a year like this year #1 durum will be worth a premium for blending to elevators.

Thing is we would need $2/bu to run wheat through it to make it pay...

Have a friend who would partner in setting up a mobile unit.
                              Last edited by Klause; Sep 11, 2016, 20:27.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...