• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midnight Crawl

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....I'm outta gas and don't want to put anymore in the tank for this trip.

Go Riders

Comment

I see the last crop update out of Alberta - Sept 13th showed only 20% harvested as opposed to 5 year average of 37.7%.
      Everything has been at a standstill in my neighbourhood in MB after 1.25 inches through the night on Thursday. We are in heaven stockpiling precious moisture for next year but I guess it's not suiting others so well.

Comment

I'd guess that I've done as much combining in the dark as in the daylight. But it is usually October. Don't have the luxury of deciding when to quit, the window is too short. We quit when it's too tough, or broken beyond repair. I tell the hired help to just go home when they need to, because if they wait for me, they might not get home at all. When canola gets dry, I go around the clock until I can't for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          I'd guess that I've done as much combining in the dark as in the daylight. But it is usually October. Don't have the luxury of deciding when to quit, the window is too short. We quit when it's too tough, or broken beyond repair. I tell the hired help to just go home when they need to, because if they wait for me, they might not get home at all. When canola gets dry, I go around the clock until I can't for whatever reason.
          I agree AF, everyone goes home when they feel they need to..go anytime that you feel is right. No hard feelings at all if someone is pooped out. I always say it's a marathon not a sprint. Better rested and safe than overtired and getting hurt.

I myself have been cursed and blessed with being able to get by on a few hours of sleep. I love going late on nights when the equipment is running smooth, my phone is not buzzing and it's just me and the Harvest moon watching over.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...